Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BenGolf19

Thoughts on "secret in the dirt"

10 posts in this topic

I was curious about what some of you thought of the "secret in the dirt" instruction and videos

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Interesting I have watched a few vids with Elks and I like it.. Some of the discussion on shoulder turns and different positions are pretty sweet.. I think this guys knows what he is talking about, but then again that is just my opinion!

Some good instruction over there, lots of experience. It's just a pain in the arse when Elk butts in every five seconds and finishes the sentences of people he is in the video's with.

Yeah but can you blame him? He seems pretty technically savvy to me!

I bought Elk's "tour short game" I liked it. I'm not a fan of TGM but he was explaining his chipping as angle hinging , roll etc It actually made some TGM theories relevant

I just watched 10 of the videos on you tube. my impression of elk is, he thinks he's Hollyer than tho. Just the way he talks to people at the Pasadena golf clinic put me off. And I'm still up in the air with regards to their swing. I'm no expert, so take that with a grain of salt.

I'd be interested what Erik and Mike think of this type of golf swing. Comments...?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • GPS, WHY ?
      If knowing the distance isn't important to you, then why would you ever choose an 8 iron for a shot instead of a 7 iron? But, if all the courses you play have plenty of easy to locate distance markers, then you probably don't need to spend a fortune on a range finder.
    • GPS, WHY ?
      As of late I have played with a few people using some sort of GPS device, which in turn  made me envious, and I have therefore been looking on the internet with a view to buying one. Then I stopped and thought, WHAT DO I NEED IT FOR. Firstly, I am not a great golfer, and the length I can hit a ball with a club varies a lot based on how well I make contact. Secondly, what if it is windy, what if it is cold, what if it is wet, and finally, what if I am hitting a ball uphill or downhill. All a GPS would help me do is estimate what club I need on a dry day, with no wind, and on a flat plain. Of course, I and can take these factors into account, in which case I would be guessing again, and then I may as well not have one anyway. Like most people, I quite often hit over the green, or leave it short, but to be honest that has more to do with my golfing skills rather than the wrong club. All courses in the UK have distance markers, and to be honest you have to be pretty stupid not to be able to work things out from there.  Needless to say, some of you would have already spent a fortune on such a device, and will reply to this post telling me how wonderful they are. So, please go ahead and convince me !!
    • My irons keep breaking
      Graphite or steel shafts? Did the shaft actually break or did the head become loose and slip off? Where did the shaft break (if it actually broke)?  Where the shaft enters the club head?
    • Your worst golf bargain
      I have had many bargains, but alas a few mistakes have been made on the way. I needed a five wood, so I went on ebay. There was a Callaway Fti nearly new, in immaculate condition with head cover. There was less than a minute to go, and it was only £33. I didn't have time to do any research on the club, but guessed it was probably worth over £100. I quickly put in a bid of £35 and won it. Only then did I have time to read about what I had bought. I wanted an 18* club with a reg flex shaft, and bought the pro version, which was 14* with a stiff flex. I attempted to strike the ball 3 times with it, and never managed to get the it off of the ground. Fortunately I managed to sell it without a loss.  I then replaced with an older Callaway FT with the correct specification, but still couldn't use it. Again, I sold it at no loss. I ended up spending £2 on a Dunlop club from a bricabrac sale, and I strike the ball wonderfully with it
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

• Blog Entries