IGNORED

How to drink properly on the course? ( IE staying hydrated)

Elmer
Note: This thread is 3528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For serious golf, I don't drink. When it's not, I try to stay hydrated. Last year I played a scramble where I was the A player and the beer was free. Bad Idea. I was on my 4th beer before we teed off. As the golf and drinking continued, on one tee box I did a face plant trying to put a tee in the ground. There's a picture of me hitting a tee shot off a beer can (empty of course, don't be silly). Don't remember it. On the long drive hole, I whiffed but kept my balance! I considered that success. So all told, I stayed hydrated with 33 beers that morning. Then came the banquet.....

Lol. Yeah, my favourite bar sponsored scramble is in 2 weeks. They bus us out in school buses loaded with free beer. 40 minutes to the course and we've all had at least 2 before getting on the bus. Last year I was at 6 before teeing off. Unlimited beer on the course and then the bus full of beer for the ride back to the pub. Classic scramble, had to close one eye to cut my prime rib.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I take a sip of water at each tee, and nurse a Crown/7 for a couple of hours during a round.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Suggest avoid caffeine too.  . Found in coffee,  cola and energy drinks.

Caffeine is a diuretic and can cause dehydration.

From a medical web page.

This has been my problem lately.  Been playing in an early Saturday morning group and after my usual rounds of coffee I get really dehydrated.

Got in the habit of drinking a lot of water before I get out there.  Good thing there a lot of wooded areas. :tumble:

Lol. Yeah, my favourite bar sponsored scramble is in 2 weeks. They bus us out in school buses loaded with free beer. 40 minutes to the course and we've all had at least 2 before getting on the bus. Last year I was at 6 before teeing off. Unlimited beer on the course and then the bus full of beer for the ride back to the pub. Classic scramble, had to close one eye to cut my prime rib.

Something I don't do often, but when I do, I do it right. :-) We used to rent a bus at least once a year to do trips to Orchard Park to watch the Barfalo Bills. It was a 90 minute ride with a keg in the front, middle and back of the bus. There may have been a few stouter beverages there as well. :-) Need that anti-freeze in your veins for those snowy games. The alcohol only kills the weak brain cells. Those that survive are stronger.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Note: This thread is 3528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!