IGNORED

Long Iron problems

Note: This thread is 3236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hit every club in my bag well, except for my 3 and 4 iron. Most often I miss those two clubs off the toe, but I hit everything else - Driver, 3-wood, hybrid, etc - flush basically every time. I don't want to get another hybrid because I like the workability of a long iron and went I do hit it flush they're great.

So. Good swing, good shots with everything except 3 and 4 irons which I am hitting off the toe more often than not.

Thoughts? Explanations? Suggestions?

:titleist::vokey::edel:

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 8.5o w/ X-flex Aldila Rogue 70 ... 3-wood: Titleist 915 Fd 13.5o w/ X-flex Aldila Rogue 70 ... Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19o w/ X-flex Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec HB 8.8 ... Driving Iron: Titleist T-MB 3-iron w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff+ (1o strong, 1o flat) ... 4-6: Titleist 716 CB Irons w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff+ (1o strong, 2o flat) ... 7-PW: Titleist 716 MB Irons w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff+ (1o strong, 2o flat) ... GW: Vokey 52.12 F grind w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff+ (2o flat) ... LW: Vokey 58.08 M grind w/ TT DG S400 (2o flat) Putter: 34" Edel McKenzie

I hit every club in my bag well, except for my 3 and 4 iron. Most often I miss those two clubs off the toe, but I hit everything else - Driver, 3-wood, hybrid, etc - flush basically every time. I don't want to get another hybrid because I like the workability of a long iron and went I do hit it flush they're great.

So. Good swing, good shots with everything except 3 and 4 irons which I am hitting off the toe more often than not.

You're obviously a lower handicap than I, but are you setting up differently for those two irons?  If you post a photo of your set up for woods, 3-4 iron and say a 6 iron, maybe the instructors on the site may notice something.  A swing video would be better.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Try the tee drill! I had the same exact problem (and still sometimes do), but I found this drill very helpful.

Note: This thread is 3236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!