IGNORED

Web.com Tour Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/gibson-leads-webcom-finale-glover-saunders-1-back/

Leaderboard: Rhein Gibson (-7), Sam Saunders (-6), Lucas Glover (-6), Oscar Fraustro (-6), D.H. Lee (-5), Si Woo Kim (-5), Kyle Stanley (-4)

What it means: Gibson has likely already clinched his card via Finals earnings, but he took a big step toward his first Web.com victory with an opening 63. The group chasing him includes Glover, the lone major winner in the field, while 11 players opened with rounds of 66 or better.

Round of the day: Gibson once shot a 55 in a mini-tour event, and his penchant for low scores was again on display during an opening round that included eight birdies and a bogey. The Aussie birdied four of his first eight holes en route to an outward 31 and needed only 24 putts.

Best of the rest: Glover went out in the afternoon wave and posted a 6-under 64. Like Gibson, his card for next year is essentially secure, and the former U.S. Open champ had the putter working during a five-birdie stretch from No. 18 to No. 4.

Biggest disappointmentJhonattan Vegas entered this week on the bubble at No. 25 and got off to a strong start before things went south. Vegas birdied four of his first seven holes before a disastrous quadruple bogey on No. 17 after losing his drive in the rough. After bogeys on three of his final four holes, Vegas posted a 1-over 71 and is in danger of missing the cut.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Interesting to see the extreme frustration and disappointment from some of the older golfers.

The soft conditions really tamed the long drives.

Normally I cannot learn from the men, as their game appears so effortless; but these guys were obviously pressing and taking many risks.

I know I get into trouble when I bite off more than I can chew on the course.

Strategy and course management need to be a major factor when I play...

(edited)

Slo mo of ?? Emiliano Grillo with the D1 @webtourchamp. #webtour

A video posted by Web.com Tour (@webdotcomtour) on

Edited by mvmac

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

(edited)

New PGA Tour members. Wonder if this is the typical age distribution. 11 are 35 or older. 8 are 25 or younger. Youngest is 20. But have yet to see who qualifies next year on sponsor's exemptions. Good see Lahiri made it. Sam Saunders I'm guessing will get a little attention.

Screen+Shot+2015-10-04+at+8.30.06+PM.png

Edited by nevets88

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Blast from the past ... Rod Pampling is back at 45 yrs.

And another guy who is 45, an Aggie named Shane Bertsch at #27 is 45 yr old and ... never heard his name previously ... 45!

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!