IGNORED

Fastest Greens

Note: This thread is 5935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which continent has the fastest greens in general?

• Asia
    • Australia/New Zealand
    • Europe
    • British Isles
    • Americas

Is Augusta a continent? I know it is in its own universe.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

oakmont rolls a 15 on the stimpmeter for its members, but the pros had to have them slow it down for the open. now that is sad.

whats in my bag
r7 425 v2 x flex
ss 2.5 stiff
:KZG-forged evolution project x 6.5
cg12 52,56900 form forged 60 bettanardi co3 33.75"pro v1

2002 I played the Black Thursday after the open by far fastest greens I ever played.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Interesting question for somebody else.
I wonder who has been to all of those places.

Fastest green I ever saw:
  • 2nd hole at Muirfield Village
  • 6 feet past the hole in the middle of the green
  • Hit the top half of the ball with the bottom edge of the putter (by design)
  • The ball ended up 10 yards short of the green in the fairway
GIR: 1
Double bogeys: 1

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

If you shave the greens too much the ball won't track properly, there's no grass to keep it on line and it tends to wander, drives the pro's crazy. I recently played on greens like this and I was cursing out loud.

Watch Nicklaus putt the Open courses, he gives a quick short RAP, that's the secret to putting really fast greens. As they say, Palmer beat Nicklaus tee to green in several Opens, but Jack knew how to putt those greens.

It's funny to watch the pros agonize like at Oakmont last year, but it's hell to play on them, a 4' putt could go anywhere. Just recall Aaron Baddley, maybe the best putter on tour, 1st hole, he can't find the hole, that's what those greens do, no fun.

Don't know what continent has the fastest, have to travel a bit more to find out.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I played at Sun City in South Africa and when the greens bake in the sun, they get a little scary!

Some of the old links in the UK can get quick in the summer too! I played Royal Lytham after the Open Qualifiers, and they were FAST!

Sawgrass next month for me. I guess they will not be slow, but Oakmont at 15 on stimp sounds like no fun at all!!

I'm gonna have to vote for America just b/c of the majors.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

The Vintage Golf Course in the Hunter Valley NSW.

Deadly quick!

I love quick greens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

I just played the Dunes in Myrtle and those were the fastest greens i have ever played and that was in the middle of the winter in Myrtle. Can't imagine what they would be like in the summer.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Hey TC The Mrs and I allways play the Dunes and they are the Second fastest in Myrtle.Next time play Crow Creek they have L93 bent and they are the fastest in Myrtle.By the way is the 15th a great hole for a par 5 or what?

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Note: This thread is 5935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!