IGNORED

NIKE SQ SUMO 5000!@ ....Can you say long!

d_golf
Note: This thread is 5852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recently, I got to give the new SQ Sumo 5000 (driver) a test drive.
Now, I am King Cobra kind of guy...but I have never hit a ball that far and straight. Capped out at 369 yards. I guess I have to buy it now!

Any other reviews out there on this club....??

D_GOLF
Driver: R9 8.5 (S)
Irons: TP Burners XD
Putter: YES

369, that's a kinky number to hit a ball

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

how far in the air and on the roll?

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

What's your driver swing speed?

In The Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°, Fujikura RE*AX 65g Stiff
Hybrid: CLK 17°, Exsar HS2 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60, Project X 6.0, 3i / MP-32, Project X 6.0, 4i-PWWedges: MP-T Black Ni, 51.06 / 56.13 / 60.08Putter: Studio Style Newport 2, 34" / 340gBall: e5+

Well, I actually meant to discuss the driver more...not so much me
But, my club head speed is in the 125-30 range ..ball speed 190+ .

Ex-ball player (just minors leagues before you ask.lol).
You learn how to generate power and let it go all at the right moment.

D_GOLF
Driver: R9 8.5 (S)
Irons: TP Burners XD
Putter: YES

Ex-ball player (just minors leagues before you ask.lol).

This is so true. When a friend mentioned to me that the mechanics of a baseball swing are almost identical to a golf swing, I became much more consistent. That, along with the "imagine your going to right field" helped tremendously.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

190+ ball speed...with some work you might win 250K next year at Remax.

not trying to be a smart azz, I like the Sumo Square (my 11 year old son has a Lucky 13 and hits it about 210).

Anyway...you were probably swinging a little slower and letting the club "do the work" and hitting it on the screws.

Start swinging like a gorrilla and it will be less accurate than your 3 iron...really.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Are we mistaking the 5000 (pear shaped) for the 5900 (square)?. I'm interested in buying one of these but hear the square launches quite high. Any comments or advice would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought the Nike SQ Sumo 5000 yesterday; 10.5 deg. loft, it is the pear shaped NOT the Sumo Square. I had a last year's Sumo Square [weird ka-ching sound!!]

I hit 40 balls at the range yesterday...not too bad, today will be its first real test on the course..
The SUMO 5000 is a more traditionally round-shaped driver with a deep-face profile. This gives golfers the freedom to shape the ball or hit it long and straight. The PowerBow design strategically positions weight in the club head to optimize the center of gravity location.

From looking at the 5000 in stores, I find that the grip is quite small/narrow feeling. Anyone else find this?

Edited to add...

Is the SQ 5000 face closed or square? I can't find anything on the net about it

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

190+ ball speed.....WOW Jason Zubak has the same ball speed. Can you say new Long drive champ. Hope to see you at the finals this years. Look into it. Check out Alpha and SMT long drivers for you ball speed. I bet you will hit them even further.
whats in my bag
Driver: Superquad 8.5 LOVE THIS CLUB
woods: R7 TP 3 wood
Hybrids: Burner 3
Irons: XD BurnersWedges:Vokey Spin Milled 56Putter: G5 ZINGBall:TP Black

Note: This thread is 5852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!