or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

64-70° wedges

Poll Results: Do you carry any 60°+ wedges?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 80% (53)
    No I don't, they don't make them for a reason!
  • 3% (2)
    Yes, 60° bent to 61
  • 0% (0)
    Yes, 60° bent to 62
  • 13% (9)
    Yes, 64°
  • 3% (2)
    Yes, 70°
  • 0% (0)
    Yes, 64-70° but not 64/70°. Specify!
66 Total Votes  
post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
For some reason (can't be economics since every 1/3 has one ) very few companies make wedges above 60°. I have an anicent inherited 70° I used that is 20+ weighing a ton, begging to go into retirement. I'd love to have a set of CG12/14 or Nike blackie if they had one in the range of 64-70, but they only make them to 60 +-1/2 bending. Have been looking at most wedges & iron sets going into wedge land, but nearly all stop at 60, which is a mystery to me since so many wants & use them..

Anyway, a nobrander I've found that performs ok is Professional Open 690 64° (black also ^^).

Anyone else knows of any other good 64+ wedges out there?
post #2 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

The Callaway X-forged 64* with MD grooves is downright filthy
post #3 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

Ram 64* Wizard by name Wizard by nature
post #4 of 24
Thread Starter 

Re: 64-70° wedges

Could only find up to 60 on Ram's website
post #5 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

you can get a 68degree wedge at pinemeadowgolf.com for only $20
post #6 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

jeez, 68 degree, yikes. my buddy bent the hosel on his lob wedge on accident, and we checked the loft and it's 72 degrees. He couldn't use it at first, but now he throws darts with it. nasty check, I don't think I've ever seen it release more then two feet, haha.
post #7 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

There is very little need for such a lofted wedge, opening the face of a 58' will get the ball high enough.

There is also no real market for such a high lofted wedge, it is a 'niche' product, only a select group of people are interested in this loft.
post #8 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

feel golf makes 73* wedge

here is the website
http://www.feelwedges.com/shop/?cPath=6_40

Here is the review in TST review section (not for 73* though)
http://thesandtrap.com/equipment/clu...f_wedge_review

hope that helps
post #9 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

Any one who uses a 70 degree wedge hates golf.
post #10 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

Originally Posted by DavidFehertysBike View Post
Any one who uses a 70 degree wedge hates golf.
Seriously, for me its 85* or nothin'




post #11 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

I'm looking for a 95°, for the tough shots...
post #12 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

Cleveland makes a variety of wedges with 64* of loft
post #13 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

Pro Action (?) 64 degree wedge.
I got it about 3 years ago at play it again sports for $1.99. It was in pretty good shape, True Temper steel shaft. Whoever had it must not have liked it. I put a new grip on it, and it became my easiest club to hit (perhaps that's an indicator why I stopped playing golf for around 3 years). Incidentally, the grip (Winn) cost $8, or 400% more than the club...
Anyhow, it's a useful club in that lob shots don't really require serious alterations to my normal (admittedly crappy) swing
post #14 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

Have you SEEN the 80* Wedge from ZOLAX, would need to come with goggles and a gum shield.

Anyway you dont even need a 60* wedge.

I had a pro tell me that if you find yourself hitting a lot of flop shots, you need to work on your course management, not your flop shots...
post #15 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

Originally Posted by jamesbei View Post
Have you SEEN the 80* Wedge from ZOLAX, would need to come with goggles and a gum shield.
http://www.xfactordirect.com/wedges.htm

"Dr. Knockdown 80° Wedge - The first 80-degree Wedge

This is the club missing from everybody's golf bag. This will help any golfer lower their score. It's 80-degrees design lets you cut under the ball from any lie and hit high lobs to go right for the flag. Use it from 30 yards in and save 5 strokes per round. "

Maybe they literally mean that it is missing from everybody's golf bag

post #16 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

Cant you just take a 58* or 60* and just open the face for more angle and open you stance a little to adjust for the direction and then you have a club with +64* angle with out having to go out and buy more stuff.
post #17 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

Originally Posted by TheThein11 View Post
Cant you just take a 58* or 60* and just open the face for more angle and open you stance a little to adjust for the direction and then you have a club with +64* angle with out having to go out and buy more stuff.
That's what I do.

I was thinking earlier of buying a 68* wedge for $20 just to screw around with at the range.

Originally Posted by dkm978 View Post
http://www.xfactordirect.com/wedges.htm

"Dr. Knockdown 80° Wedge - The first 80-degree Wedge

This is the club missing from everybody's golf bag. This will help any golfer lower their score. It's 80-degrees design lets you cut under the ball from any lie and hit high lobs to go right for the flag. Use it from 30 yards in and save 5 strokes per round. "

Maybe they literally mean that it is missing from everybody's golf bag

I think that when I hit it, it would hit me in the forehead.
post #18 of 24

Re: 64-70° wedges

look out nostrils!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting