• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MyEyeSpy

64-70° wedges

1. 1. Do you carry any 60°+ wedges?

• No I don't, they don't make them for a reason!
    • Yes, 60° bent to 61
    • Yes, 60° bent to 62
    • Yes, 64°
    • Yes, 70°
    • Yes, 64-70° but not 64/70°. Specify!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

For some reason (can't be economics since every 1/3 has one ) very few companies make wedges above 60°. I have an anicent inherited 70° I used that is 20+ weighing a ton, begging to go into retirement. I'd love to have a set of CG12/14 or Nike blackie if they had one in the range of 64-70, but they only make them to 60 +-1/2 bending. Have been looking at most wedges & iron sets going into wedge land, but nearly all stop at 60, which is a mystery to me since so many wants & use them..

Anyway, a nobrander I've found that performs ok is Professional Open 690 64° (black also ^^).

Anyone else knows of any other good 64+ wedges out there?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

The Callaway X-forged 64* with MD grooves is downright filthy

jeez, 68 degree, yikes. my buddy bent the hosel on his lob wedge on accident, and we checked the loft and it's 72 degrees. He couldn't use it at first, but now he throws darts with it. nasty check, I don't think I've ever seen it release more then two feet, haha.

There is very little need for such a lofted wedge, opening the face of a 58' will get the ball high enough.

There is also no real market for such a high lofted wedge, it is a 'niche' product, only a select group of people are interested in this loft.

Any one who uses a 70 degree wedge hates golf.

Seriously, for me its 85* or nothin'

Pro Action (?) 64 degree wedge.
I got it about 3 years ago at play it again sports for $1.99. It was in pretty good shape, True Temper steel shaft. Whoever had it must not have liked it. I put a new grip on it, and it became my easiest club to hit (perhaps that's an indicator why I stopped playing golf for around 3 years). Incidentally, the grip (Winn) cost $8, or 400% more than the club...
Anyhow, it's a useful club in that lob shots don't really require serious alterations to my normal (admittedly crappy) swing

Have you SEEN the 80* Wedge from ZOLAX, would need to come with goggles and a gum shield.

Anyway you dont even need a 60* wedge.

I had a pro tell me that if you find yourself hitting a lot of flop shots, you need to work on your course management, not your flop shots...

Have you SEEN the 80* Wedge from ZOLAX, would need to come with goggles and a gum shield.

http://www.xfactordirect.com/wedges.htm "Dr. Knockdown 80° Wedge - The first 80-degree Wedge This is the club missing from everybody's golf bag. This will help any golfer lower their score. It's 80-degrees design lets you cut under the ball from any lie and hit high lobs to go right for the flag. Use it from 30 yards in and save 5 strokes per round. " Maybe they literally mean that it is missing from everybody's golf bag

Cant you just take a 58* or 60* and just open the face for more angle and open you stance a little to adjust for the direction and then you have a club with +64* angle with out having to go out and buy more stuff.

Cant you just take a 58* or 60* and just open the face for more angle and open you stance a little to adjust for the direction and then you have a club with +64* angle with out having to go out and buy more stuff.

That's what I do.

I was thinking earlier of buying a 68* wedge for $20 just to screw around with at the range.

I think that when I hit it, it would hit me in the forehead.