Before I start, I currently use a Nike Tour D golf ball and they are no longer sold hence the ball fitting. I use regular flex on all my clubs and my hcp is 17.9
I recently did one of those golf galaxy ball fittings and just want advice based on my results. I know some people may think I wasted my money on a ball fitting it it was only $19.99 and it was in the middle of winter so why not....
I hit 5 different golf balls and below were the average (hit each ball 3 times) results:
1. Bridgestone B-330RX: 90mph Clubhead Speed, 135mph Ball Speed, 2079 Spin Rate, 215 yds Carry Distance, 238 Total Distance.
2. Titleist Prov1: 89mph Clubhead Speed, 133mph Ball Speed, 2243 Spin Rate, 208 yds Carry Distance, 230 Total Distance.
3. Top Flite D2: 89mph Clubhead Speed, 133mph Ball Speed, 2213 Spin Rate, 209 yds Carry Distance, 231 Total Distance.
4. Titleist Prov1x: 91mph Clubhead Speed, 137mph Ball Speed, 2341 Spin Rate, 216 yds Carry Distance, 238 Total Distance.
5. Taylormade Lethal: 90mph Clubhead Speed, 135mph Ball Speed, 2126 Spin Rate, 215 yds Carry Distance, 238 Total Distance.
Fitter stated that my spin rate should be a little higher, maybe in the 2700rpm range in order to achieve optimal ball flight.
I also putted with the prov1 and the D2 and the D2 felt horrible. I asked the fitter to rank the best for me just for an opinion and he said prov1 was the best for me and then the lethal, prov1x, b-330rx and the D2.
Do you guys agree with the fitter? I would also like advise if anyone has a golf ball in mind that I did not test. I understand this might not be a big deal in the grand scheme of things but your assistance would be appreciated.