or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › Sun Mountain (micro cart): two questions for current owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sun Mountain (micro cart): two questions for current owners

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Hello all!


So I am considering finally replacing my old 2-wheeled cart/trolley for more wheels and I really like the Sun Mountain Micro Cart Sport. Before I buy it, however, I have two questions for you current owners:

 

1) The cart has no bag straps, you just lay the bag down on it. On my current cart, if I don't strap the bag down tight enough, it rotates slowly on the trolley, untill, after a few holes, everything is askew. Does that happen, or do those smart brackets actually work right?

 

2) Magnetic scorecard holder. Sounds nice, but there's a space right below for valuables, which, to me, means my cellphone.Since magnets aren't very good for digital storage and/or screens, does the magnet affect your phone?

 

thanks for the help!

post #2 of 8
Thread Starter 

PS. I seem to have not completely made up my mind about this cart, so any other suggestions are welcome too, both 4 wheeled as well as 3 wheeled carts

post #3 of 8

1. The brackets work sometimes with my Ogio Assassin bag. Unfortunately when tightened they press into the soft siding of the bag under the topper so the decision for me was between tightening them loads and holding the bag securely but having less room to slide clubs in and out or having them looser to get clubs in and out easily but the bag twisting slightly in transit.

I believe SM bags have a "wedge" cut out of the bottom of them to sit in the trolley's foot wedge which helps stop twisting too but I don't own a SM trolley bag to know for sure.

2. The magnet's never affected my iPhones but I do normally keep them in a "sock" (of course that won't stop magnetic fields but worth mentioning)

post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 

Just what I expected too. I would love to try one out, but I dont think I've ever seen an SM cart in Holland.

 

As far as the sock around your iPhone...that would only make it lay ever so slightly closer to the magnet, so that does comfort me!

post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by double-p View Post
 

PS. I seem to have not completely made up my mind about this cart, so any other suggestions are welcome too, both 4 wheeled as well as 3 wheeled carts


I have owned a Bag Boy 2 wheeled cart, Bag boy 4 wheeled cart and currently a Sun Mountain 3 wheeled cart.  Both of the 3 wheeled carts are easier to push that the quad.  My Sun Mountain bag is held nice and firm by the bag brackets.

post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog66 View Post
 


I have owned a Bag Boy 2 wheeled cart, Bag boy 4 wheeled cart and currently a Sun Mountain 3 wheeled cart.  Both of the 3 wheeled carts are easier to push that the quad.  My Sun Mountain bag is held nice and firm by the bag brackets.


Sorry about that I meant a 3 wheeled cart not a 2 wheeled one.

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by double-p View Post

 

1) The cart has no bag straps, you just lay the bag down on it. On my current cart, if I don't strap the bag down tight enough, it rotates slowly on the trolley, untill, after a few holes, everything is askew. Does that happen, or do those smart brackets actually work right?

 

 

The brackets work, but it's annoying, yes. Usually my bag will get askew when I first lay it on the cart, or on the first hole. I always find a position for it though that keeps it in place, and thus, it's not really an issue. It is a bit annoying at times, I'll admit that, but overall, it's fine I think. 

 

I think a lot of this depends on what type of golf bag you have. Obviously certain bag designs will fit better with the Micro Cart's "one size fits all" mold. 

 

For me, it's a slight issue, but nothing big enough to make a big stink about.  

 

2) Magnetic scorecard holder. Sounds nice, but there's a space right below for valuables, which, to me, means my cellphone.Since magnets aren't very good for digital storage and/or screens, does the magnet affect your phone?

 

thanks for the help!

 

 

I've never had an issue. I think I actually keep my credit cards and stuff in my golf bag, but I tend to leave my phone in that compartment near the magnet. I dunno, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this has never been a problem.

 

I bought the 2012 Micro for my dad as well, and he really loves it. I admit he's easy to please when it comes to golf related gifts, but he's never complained to me about the cart. 

 

Here's my review of the cart: http://thesandtrap.com/products/sun-mountain-2012-micro-cart/reviews/4806

 

Perhaps not the most in-depth review ever, but maybe that'll help a bit. 

post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by double-p View Post
 

Hello all!


So I am considering finally replacing my old 2-wheeled cart/trolley for more wheels and I really like the Sun Mountain Micro Cart Sport. Before I buy it, however, I have two questions for you current owners:

 

1) The cart has no bag straps, you just lay the bag down on it. On my current cart, if I don't strap the bag down tight enough, it rotates slowly on the trolley, untill, after a few holes, everything is askew. Does that happen, or do those smart brackets actually work right?

 

2) Magnetic scorecard holder. Sounds nice, but there's a space right below for valuables, which, to me, means my cellphone.Since magnets aren't very good for digital storage and/or screens, does the magnet affect your phone?

 

thanks for the help!


I have a circa 2013 SCMC and I have a Callaway cart bag. The bag will constantly rotate and the hard plastic brackets chafe the bag enough to wear through some of the material. That being said, I love the cart still and picked up little bungees to hold the bag in place. They work very well. I have tried tighten down the sides but it really is not effective. I really should get some foam to protect the bag though.

 

Secondly, the storage space doesn't effect my electronics at least.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › Sun Mountain (micro cart): two questions for current owners