or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Recommended Video Apps?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recommended Video Apps?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

I hope this is the correct forum to ask this: 

 

Can anyone recommend an app that will allow me to slow down my swing on video that I can use on my iphone? What are the pros using to slow down the swing when they analyze a student? 

 

Thanks! 

post #2 of 15

Theres an app for iPhones named Ubersense. It was free when I downloaded it and its pretty good. You can watch your swing in slow motion or frame by frame. You can also save the videos and keep a note for each one.

post #3 of 15

Video is rubbish compared to a launch monitor as swings which "look" like an out-to-in swing as an example can actually be fine. For example:



Also I'd say that generally pros don't use a phone to video their swing I'd say. The iPhone 5S has slow motion capabilities which are better than nothing but even that footage isn't a patch on a decent camera (search the forum for "Casio" to get specific model info).

Having said all of the above I personally use the GASP software on my iPhone for swing feedback.

post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon View Post
 

Video is rubbish compared to a launch monitor as swings which "look" like an out-to-in swing as an example can actually be fine.

 

And a launch monitor can be mostly redundant when you get to see the ball fly. :)


Geez. "Rubbish," you say, eh? :P

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon View Post
 

Also I'd say that generally pros don't use a phone to video their swing I'd say. The iPhone 5S has slow motion capabilities which are better than nothing but even that footage isn't a patch on a decent camera (search the forum for "Casio" to get specific model info).

 

The 5S is fine. 120 FPS in HD is pretty good.

 

 

http://analyzrgolf.com/ is good if you've got a Mac. I don't do much on my phone.

post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layton View Post
 

Theres an app for iPhones named Ubersense. It was free when I downloaded it and its pretty good. You can watch your swing in slow motion or frame by frame. You can also save the videos and keep a note for each one.

Thanks. I'll check that out. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon View Post


Also I'd say that generally pros don't use a phone to video their swing I'd say. The iPhone 5S has slow motion capabilities which are better than nothing but even that footage isn't a patch on a decent camera (search the forum for "Casio" to get specific model info).

Having said all of the above I personally use the GASP software on my iPhone for swing feedback.

I have an iphone 5S and recorded it in slo mo, but wasn't able to transfer it to my computer. I might eventually look into a casio camera as I'm starting to record my swing a lot and it might be worth it. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

http://analyzrgolf.com/ is good if you've got a Mac. I don't do much on my phone.

Ouch, that's a bit expensive. I do have a Mac, but might stick to the a cheaper app. 

post #6 of 15
I'll second the recommendation on Ubersense. I mostly work with a camera and Analyzer but have used Ubersense when it's more convenient. Does a good job and has plenty of bells and whistles for a free app. My phone only does 30fps but that's fine for most of what I'm working on.
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

I'll second the recommendation on Ubersense. I mostly work with a camera and Analyzer but have used Ubersense when it's more convenient. Does a good job and has plenty of bells and whistles for a free app. My phone only does 30fps but that's fine for most of what I'm working on.

Cool. I just downloaded Ubersense and will play with it tonight. 

 

Thanks everyone for the feedback!!!!

post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post
 

I have an iphone 5S and recorded it in slo mo, but wasn't able to transfer it to my computer. I might eventually look into a casio camera as I'm starting to record my swing a lot and it might be worth it.

 

There are two ways to do it:

1) Plug your phone into your computer and launch the "Image Capture" application.

2) Dropbox can automatically sync your photo roll over WiFi to "Camera Uploads".

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post
 

Ouch, that's a bit expensive. I do have a Mac, but might stick to the a cheaper app. 

 

$59 (and thats without using any of the coupon codes) is expensive? Shhhhh. Don't tell the thousands of customers who bought… :-) 

post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

There are two ways to do it:

1) Plug your phone into your computer and launch the "Image Capture" application.

2) Dropbox can automatically sync your photo roll over WiFi to "Camera Uploads".

 

 

$59 (and thats without using any of the coupon codes) is expensive? Shhhhh. Don't tell the thousands of customers who bought… :-) 

Ahh, didn't know that about the iphone and mac. I'll give that a try. thanks. 

 

$59 isn't bad, but it's more then free!

post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post
 

$59 isn't bad, but it's more then free!

 

It also… does a lot more than "free"!

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post

Ahh, didn't know that about the iphone and mac. I'll give that a try. thanks. 

$59 isn't bad, but it's more then free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

It also… does a lot more than "free"!

To be clear, Ubersense doesn't hold a candle to Analyzr, not even close but it is handy in a pinch or when you just want to take a quick look at the range without bothering with your laptop.

Start with Ubersense but save up for Analyzr. Well worth it.
post #12 of 15

I like the V1 Golf app, only one I've tried really. There is a free version and I think a $5 version. You can do frame by frame and slow motion, draw lines and some other stuff. You can also compare two of your videos side by side, or dowload a pros swing to compare. Decent app overall.

post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 

I used Ubersense last night--it's very helpful and what I was looking for. Thanks for the rec. I'll likely purchase Analyzr in the future, but this will work for now. 

post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post
 

I used Ubersense last night--it's very helpful and what I was looking for. Thanks for the rec. I'll likely purchase Analyzr in the future, but this will work for now. 

You're welcome.

post #15 of 15

My pro turned me on to Ubersense. It works well for what I was looking for. I also have a GoPro that I have not set up and used yet for my swing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Recommended Video Apps?