Jump to content
  • entries
    26
  • comments
    199
  • views
    7,182

First Eagle - 10 Year Anniversary

Sign in to follow this  
CarlSpackler

670 views

This memory came up on FB. 10 years ago I had my first eagle. I remember it vividly. My drive was pulled left into the rough behind a fairway bunker on #16. I hit a decent shot out of the spinach that landed short of the green and rolled on. I saw the ball disappear and assumed it rolled of the back. I looked for it for a few minutes and was getting mad when a thought formed in my head. Maybe... just maybe. Sure enough, it was in the bottom of the hole.

image.png

Sign in to follow this  


6 Comments


Recommended Comments

Behind that bunker was always my favorite place to be on that hole. Besides avoiding the trees on the right, that was the best angle to split those water hazards by the green.

Actually came really close to getting an eagle just like that. Rolled a 5I past the hole once. Then proceeded to 3-jack it.

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Behind that bunker was always my favorite place to be on that hole. Besides avoiding the trees on the right, that was the best angle to split those water hazards by the green.

Actually came really close to getting an eagle just like that. Rolled a 5I past the hole once. Then proceeded to 3-jack it.

That's why you should just hole it on your second shot.

Share this comment


Link to comment
29 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

That's why you should just hole it on your second shot.

What fantastic advice!

You really should just pitch the whole IT thing and become a golf coach. 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
35 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

What fantastic advice!

You really should just pitch the whole IT thing and become a golf coach.

Not a half bad idea. IT isn't much fun anymore because of all the government regulations.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Nicely done!  Personally, I'm looking forward to the 10 year anniversary of my first eagle.  It is at least ten years away. 

Share this comment


Link to comment

I had to smile at the, "was getting mad when a thought formed in my head. Maybe... just maybe. Sure enough, it was in the bottom of the hole." An almost exact re-cap of my feelings and thought process on one of my hole-in-ones.  I was looking around over the green until I decided, maybe ...

Share this comment


Link to comment
Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...