Jump to content
  • entries
    27
  • comments
    215
  • views
    7,611

It Was the Pants…

Sign in to follow this  
CarlSpackler

705 views

I figured out why I was driving the ball so wall last week. I know most of you will think I'm crazy, but it had to be the pants. Every time I wear that pair of pants on the golf course, I drive the ball great. Now I need to figure out which shirt helps my iron shots. Socks might be the key to short game and underwear the key to putting. I think I am on to something here...

Sign in to follow this  


9 Comments


Recommended Comments

I wouldn't be too hasty.  It could be that the golf ball didn't recognize you in that particular outfit.  Have you considered wearing dark glasses or disguising your voice?

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 10/7/2020 at 4:27 PM, Piz said:

I wouldn't be too hasty.  It could be that the golf ball didn't recognize you in that particular outfit.  Have you considered wearing dark glasses or disguising your voice?

I don't think so. I was playing with new golf balls that didn't even know me. 🤣

Share this comment


Link to comment

Ha, ha, ha!

Nice to see I am not the only one who attributes success on the course with factors any sane person would consider irrelevant.

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Ha, ha, ha!

Nice to see I am not the only one who attributes success on the course with factors any sane person would consider irrelevant.

I know, right? Some people just don't understand the power of pants. I think they made a movie about traveling pants or something.

Share this comment


Link to comment
28 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

We're good as long as you don't post pics!   I'm picturing John Daly pants.  

They were just khakis, just like the ones worn by Jake, at State Farm. 😁

Share this comment


Link to comment

Nice.. ha ha. Post pics or it didn't happen. 😊

This is a welcome tongue-in-cheek 'change of pants'..ha ha. i.e. attributing success to something external.

Most folks attribute only failure to something other than themselves... Grip worn out, no beverage cart on the course that day, shaft has  needed an upgrade since the 'swing change', sun coming in from the south that day, broken ankles.. yeah, all kinds of perfectly acceptable 'reasons'... lol! 

People be funny even if they don't be joking.

Edited by GolfLug

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Most folks attribute only failure to something other than themselves... Grip worn out, no beverage cart on the course that day, shaft has  needed an upgrade since the 'swing change', sun coming in from the south that day, broken ankles.. yeah, all kinds of perfectly acceptable 'reasons'... lol! 

I've played this stupid game long enough to know that driving the ball that long and straight had little to do with anything I do. Some days the golf gods smile on you. Other days they 💩on you. 😉

Share this comment


Link to comment
Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...