IGNORED

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

erik - what if i didn't keep stats that one round? i don't want to put a 0 in the space and have it adversely impact my statistics. is there a way around this?

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
erik - what if i didn't keep stats that one round? i don't want to put a 0 in the space and have it adversely impact my statistics. is there a way around this?

I suggest not entering that round. Soon enough it won't be one of your last 20 anyway. Or try to replay the round in your head and write down reasonable guesses for the stats, with the hole scores and total score being accurate, of course.

For other support-related queries, please use the various support methods (email, forums...) at Cynical Peak Software.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Is there a way to recover deleted rounds? (mac)

If you have a backup of your database, sure... copy that back over. Otherwise, no. You're given a warning before you delete the round.

Please do not use this forum for tech support. We'll happily provide support at Cynical Peak.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

ok, just put my 2nd round in. The only thing missing is a chip-in. not shure where I could put that.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

ok, just put my 2nd round in. The only thing missing is a chip-in. not shure where I could put that.

Not sure if it would be worth tracking chip-ins, but I would just note the zero putts for that hole and make a comment in the area for remarks myself.

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

• Administrator

As stated, you both "got up and down" (most likely - if you chipped in for triple, not so much... :D) and had a 0-putt hole. That means you holed whatever shot you took. Whether that was from 100 yards or 10 feet, it really doesn't matter so much. You probably hole out from 100 yards very infrequently and from 10 feet or so much less so than normal... and both show up as 0-putts. So, we track your chip-ins... as 0-putts.

FWIW, I average 0.2 0-putts per round. And that includes putts from the fringe that go in, so... yeah, it's pretty rare.

Yea, after I posted that I found how to view the stats. I'm 1.0 on 0 putts per round! ;)
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

What makes scorecard software better than any of the free ones that are available? What does it have to offer that the others don't. I can keep track of my scores on freegolfinfo.com for free... but if there is some sort of benefit to scorecard software than I would consider switching.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

• Administrator
What makes scorecard software better than any of the free ones that are available? What does it have to offer that the others don't. I can keep track of my scores on freegolfinfo.com for free... but if there is some sort of benefit to scorecard software than I would consider switching.

Better statistics, easier interface, don't have to be online to use it, prettier scorecards for printing, prettier scorecards for sharing... among other things.

The free ones are free because a) they suck b) they pound you with advertising c) some combination of the above Not true with Scorecard. If any of the happy customers here on the forum have anything to add, please feel free.

Better statistics, easier interface, don't have to be online to use it, prettier scorecards for printing, prettier scorecards for sharing... among other things.

yes, the free ones are very unorganized and filled with advertisments. Scorecard i press view> Statistics and I get a very nice window telling me all of my stats and from there I can figure out what I need to improve on. I print this page out and share it with my pro at my local course and we work on things based on what I need to improve. It helps me understand my game more, as well as helping my pro understand my game. IMHO, the best $30 bucks you could possibly spend on golf. one gripe though: I cannot post 9 hole rounds, which is what we play standard in HS. I made a fake course which is really the course where we play the tournaments at, but just the front nine twice(the back nine has all the same yardages, pars, etc as the front.) doesn't really cause any statistical errors(to my knowledge), just enters everything twice. Seems to do the trick, but it would be easier to just allow for 9 hole games(although im sure that would mess up the stats handicap wise or sometihng).

one gripe though: I cannot post 9 hole rounds, which is what we play standard in HS. I made a fake course which is really the course where we play the tournaments at, but just the front nine twice(the back nine has all the same yardages, pars, etc as the front.) doesn't really cause any statistical errors(to my knowledge), just enters everything twice. Seems to do the trick, but it would be easier to just allow for 9 hole games(although im sure that would mess up the stats handicap wise or sometihng).

Yeah. I would like to buy scorecard but I'm kinda holding out to see if the iphone integration happens, and, like you - I play more 9 hole rounds than 18...

9 hole rounds are legal for handicapping, they just kind of go on hold until there is another 9 hole round to pair with. http://golf.about.com/cs/handicapping/a/incomplete.htm

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Yeah. I would like to buy scorecard but I'm kinda holding out to see if the iphone integration happens, and, like you - I play more 9 hole rounds than 18...

I used to do that, but since i play far more front nines than back nines, it was to much of a hassle to wait to enter scores, etc. iPhone intergration would be sweet: just keep score on your iphone during the round :)

I used to do that, but since i play far more front nines than back nines, it was to much of a hassle to wait to enter scores, etc.

I don't think you have to match the front 9 with a back nine. 2 front nine's equals 18 holes.

I think.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Have only used it a short time but I like it alot. Great interface, great stats. I can't wait to get more rounds logged in to give me a better idea of where my true strengths and weaknesses lie. I also have my rounds posted online so I can access them anywhere. What's not to like?

• Administrator

You do realize that you'll be waiting until at least June, right? There's nothing we can do to release it any earlier than Apple will allow.

I suggest that if you're interested, you buy now. The iPhone version is coming and it'll cost the same whether you buy now or later. It may even be cheaper to registered owners, and our 20% special for Sand Trap members will end at some point. Nine-hole rounds likely aren't happening in version 1.x. It's a planned feature for 2.0.

Erik, this iPhone version will be applicable to the iPod Touch, correct?

Also, until the 9 hole round is available, is it possible to record a 9 hole round form the front and a week later (league play) add the back 9 for the combined 18? I guess it'd be easier to just retain the information from one week to the next....

Note: This thread is 1992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!