IGNORED

6 Week Beginner

AndyRees
Note: This thread is 1808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, AndyRees said:

Hi All,

44 yr old, 6 week beginner, hand me down clubs from my dad, looking forward to any advice on how to get reasonably decent and enjoy this game.

Hello and welcome to TST.

Here you will find the Five Simple Keys. These Keys are what every great golfer has in common. Trying to teach yourself can be a very difficult journey. But this offers good guidance on where to begin. I recommend you post a video in the ‘My Swing’ thread here and many good instructors will offer you advice for free.

You need to find your ‘priority piece.’ One fundamental to execute properly then move on to the next. Film your swing (your phone will do just fine)...upload your swing to YouTube then copy the url to your My Swing page and it can be viewed by us. 

We can get you started in the right direction but we really need to see your swing before giving any sound advice. Until then the link I sent above would be excellent for you to check out. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Hello and welcome to TST.

Here you will find the Five Simple Keys. These Keys are what every great golfer has in common. Trying to teach yourself can be a very difficult journey. But this offers good guidance on where to begin. I recommend you post a video in the ‘My Swing’ thread here and many good instructors will offer you advice for free.

You need to find your ‘priority piece.’ One fundamental to execute properly then move on to the next. Film your swing (your phone will do just fine)...upload your swing to YouTube then copy the url to your My Swing page and it can be viewed by us. 

We can get you started in the right direction but we really need to see your swing before giving any sound advice. Until then the link I sent above would be excellent for you to check out. Cheers!

Cheers,

thanks, I have been teaching myself unfortunately, spent 4 weekends on the driving range and the last two weekends playing the same Par 3 course 3 times, scored 87,79 and 77 so can only improve hahaha.

I am playing a proper 18 holes with a friend who is a decent golfer!!! so wish me luck, will try to get a video then, good and bad shots.

59 minutes ago, AndyRees said:

will try to get a video then, good and bad shots.

Enjoy your round. One swing is fine. Why? Your swing will be the same whether you hit a good shot or not. I know that seems illogical but it’s most likely true! Good luck on your round!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to 6 Week Beginner
Note: This thread is 1808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!