IGNORED

My Swing (kjesnaps)

kjesnaps
Note: This thread is 1783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 years
My current handicap index or average score is: ~13
My typical ball flight is: Draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Sharp hook left with driver (sometimes push right)

A little background on my issues and steps I'm taking! Biggest flaw in my golf game is consistency off the tee. I've had days where I'll consistently put it out 280-300 and find fairways, and on those days I generally sniff sub 80 rounds. But more often than not i'm hitting low hooks off the tee that dive hard to the left. I know my swing path is too far in to out but I'm having trouble diagnosing exactly where that is coming from. I have a very strong grip that I've been trying to neutralize a tad and it's lead to a few slices on the range which I've NEVER hit before. Obviously slices aren't good, but I view it as progress!

Videos: 

Driver - Slow
Driver - DTL
  • Like 1

• Administrator

Please upload videos to Vimeo or YouTube: https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos/.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

Update - went to the range yesterday, newer more neutral grip was really straightening out my irons. But I was slicing the ball like crazy with the driver. Any thoughts? Struggling to find the middle ground 

Edited by kjesnaps
Added context

• Administrator

Driver swing didn't look like a slice swing. Not the perfect camera angle, nor is it in slow motion.

Slow motion from the proper camera angles are best: https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

For as capable and athletic as you look, your legs are serving very little purpose. They don't really help you turn, they don't help you generate much speed, etc.

And the camera angle is still off. Toes parallel to the target line, not on the target line.

Also, pushes go with draws, not slices. I haven't seen anything (yet) that makes me think you should be hitting slices with your driver.

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Also, pushes go with draws, not slices. I haven't seen anything (yet) that makes me think you should be hitting slices with your driver.

Push-fade? Maybe @kjesnaps is just calling it a slice because it turns right?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

For as capable and athletic as you look, your legs are serving very little purpose. They don't really help you turn, they don't help you generate much speed, etc.

And the camera angle is still off. Toes parallel to the target line, not on the target line.

Thanks for the response. I'll work on a better angle next time I'm at the range. 

Definitely see what you're saying about my legs. And you're right, none of these swings were slices. Push and hook are my main misses. 

Note: This thread is 1783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!