IGNORED

do your fairway woods match your driver

Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i use a ping driver but was wondering if i should buy tm fairway woods because of the price or should i spend a few more bucks and get a matching wood set

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

The only important thing to match is whatever clubs you hit the best, I wouldn't focus so much on pairing up manufacturers. Demo clubs and find the ones you hit best, and go with those
Driver: TaylorMade Super Tri 10.5°
3-Wood: TaylorMadeR580, 15°
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue Mid, 19°
Irons: TaylorMade R7 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Spin-Milled Vokey Oil Can 56.14, 52.08Putter: Ping Karsten AnserBall: Bridgestone e5+

I agree with Reesh. Demo all day long and find out what you hit the best. Some of the pro don't even play all of their sponsors clubs (hidden by sponsors head cover of course). My new set is all over the board. I went with TM for driver, Sonartec for 3W/hybrid, Mizuno irons/wedges, and SC putter. Everything feels great and I don't look like a belong to a sponsor. Makes me wonder if someone is really getting the best clubs for themselves when they only carry one manufacturer in bag.

;) of course I would have the same grips on all of them (putter excluded)

WITB
r7 SQ TP 8.5* Diamana White 83 X
GS Tour 14* Aero 85 X
Md 21* Aero 95 S
MP-67 MP-R Black Ni Wedges Red Circa62 No.2

Ya i like mixing it up alot. If you really are into looks i think different makes or brands looks better.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

i use a ping driver but was wondering if i should buy tm fairway woods because of the price or should i spend a few more bucks and get a matching wood set

My 3-Wood matches my driver, but that's because I liked my 3-wood so much that, when I realized I needed more loft on my driver, I bought the matching driver. It didn't hurt that I had their hybrids and loved those too.

My 5-Wood matches my irons. I bought it when I bought my irons, even.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

People often have matching fairways and drivers because the manufacturer has a similar feel that they like throughout. Mine don't match because I thought the TM driver felt better.

Its all how it feels to you.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

play what feels best...

One nice thing about playing different brands is you have more hats and visors to choose from.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

i have them matching - had the 3 wood before I had the driver.

It's whatever you hit best - I don't even like the look of the Burner driver but i'll be ordering one shortly! I'll get over the looks when i hit fairways. And the fairway wood will probably follow suit because it's the easiest thing to hit!

If it didn't match I wouldnt be bothered.

Fairways and Greens - that's what it's about.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I have Callaway but they are not the same model nor do they have to be. They do a different job.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Play whatever works best for you! My fairway and driver are different brands. I think the driver is the most changed club in a golfers bag (maybe the putter?). We are always looking to hit the ball longer and hit more fairways. I know I am on my 3rd driver since I bought my fairway.

If you look at the "What's in the Bag" section of Golf and Golf Digest you will see the Pros often use a different brand of fairway. Lots of comments about how much they love their "old reliable" 3 wood.

A wise old golfer once told me a 3wood is like a woman. When you find a good one you keep it for life.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

My driver and 3-wood are the same model (HiBore) with the same shaft and same grip, and my hybrid is a steel-shafted Halo, also with the same grip (all of my clubs, even wedges, have the same grip). It gives me some sense of confidence to see a similar club (shape, color, etc...) for all of my long shots.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Nope, brands don’t match, neither does construction.

Driver: “Solid” graphite/kevlar head / graphite shaft.

3-Wood: Stainless steel head / graphite shaft.

5-Wood: Persimmon head / steel shaft.

They’re comfortable, consistent and gapped nicely as a group. With confidence like that, I could give a fig if they look alike…

--------------------

-Bob

If it ain't broke, you're just not trying.-- Red Green

TaylorMade driver, Titleist 3 wood.

Although I'm longer with the Burner 3 wood than the 906F2, I'd sooner give up my little toe than my current 3 wood.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Mine don't match. I have not had an all matching set since my first Northwestern set when I was 12. I would buy a matching set if I liked all the clubs and the price was right. Usually though I am in only in the market for one club at a time.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

i have them matching - had the 3 wood before I had the driver.

i totally agree. anything that works.

the majority of pros use different producer's clubs.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!