IGNORED

Mizuno Outdoor Fitting

Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking to go through the Mizuno fitting process, but would like to do it outdoors. Has anyone done such a fitting in Southern California?  If not, I would appreciate recommendations for an excellent indoor Mizuno fitter.

In My Grom:
Driver: Taylormade R1 10.5°
Fairway: Taylormade RocketBallz Stage 2 Tour 14.5°
Hybrids: Ping G25 3, 4
Irons: Mizuno 5-PW JPX 800 Pro

Wedges: CG-14 50°, 56°, 60°

Putter: Nike Method 003

how far Southern?   

True Spec golf at La Costa Resort in Carlsbad.  

otherwise, they are opening one in Beverly Hills soon.  just check the site. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

42 minutes ago, lastings said:

how far Southern?   

True Spec golf at La Costa Resort in Carlsbad.  

otherwise, they are opening one in Beverly Hills soon.  just check the site. 

Thanks for the reply.  They look just like Cool Clubs or the Club Fix.  They want to hand build everything, and you end up with a $1500+ set of irons.  I am looking more for a fitting center that will use the Mizuno fitting cart and recommend one of the stock shaft offerings.

In My Grom:

8 minutes ago, socalsharky said:

Thanks for the reply.  They look just like Cool Clubs or the Club Fix.  They want to hand build everything, and you end up with a $1500+ set of irons.  I am looking more for a fitting center that will use the Mizuno fitting cart and recommend one of the stock shaft offerings.

That's very true in that, they have all the options available (and more expensive options *might* be better for you than stock options)  But, you can always let them know your budget and they'll be happy to work with that as well.  They are professionals, not used car salesmen. They'll get you the best set for the money you're willing to spend.  It's more the fitting fee where you'll take a hit.   

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

49 minutes ago, lastings said:

That's very true in that, they have all the options available (and more expensive options *might* be better for you than stock options)  But, you can always let them know your budget and they'll be happy to work with that as well.  They are professionals, not used car salesmen. They'll get you the best set for the money you're willing to spend.  It's more the fitting fee where you'll take a hit.   

Remember, none of these fitting/building businesses force you to buy anything. You can take the specs and recommendations and shop them around. Don't worry about the shafts as far as the exotics go. Most important aspect of the shaft is weight, second is consistency, third is balance point, and then bend profile. Weight is easy to match up with other products. Consistency is rarely an issue these days and a complete non issue if you are going with steel shafts. Again if you're going with steel then balance is not something to worry about. That just leaves bend profile and again that is simple to match to other products that don't break the bank.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam C said:

Remember, none of these fitting/building businesses force you to buy anything. You can take the specs and recommendations and shop them around. Don't worry about the shafts as far as the exotics go. Most important aspect of the shaft is weight, second is consistency, third is balance point, and then bend profile. Weight is easy to match up with other products. Consistency is rarely an issue these days and a complete non issue if you are going with steel shafts. Again if you're going with steel then balance is not something to worry about. That just leaves bend profile and again that is simple to match to other products that don't break the bank.

Thanks for the reply. Is bend profile similar to "kick point"?  Also, a lot of these type of fitters stress the fact that the pure the shafts.  Is this important?  Important with steel?

In My Grom:

6 minutes ago, socalsharky said:

Thanks for the reply. Is bend profile similar to "kick point"?  Also, a lot of these type of fitters stress the fact that the pure the shafts.  Is this important?  Important with steel?

Yes, bend profile is looking at the same thing as what used to be called kick point. They don't like to use that term anymore but it's the same. And again I wouldn't get too fixated on it. At best it can make small differences in your ball launch and in many cases it won't make any. Most important is weight bar none in my opinion. Second is shaft consistency, and this leads into your second question about PUREing.

This I have to say is where some of these companies take any credibility they might have and chuck it out the window. Anyone who suggests that your golf shafts need to be PUREd is just taking your money. I can get into a lot of detail about why PUREing or FLOing or spining is useless but for simplicity lets just say it's a scam. My rule and I think the rule of any good, honest club builder is that if you have a shaft that needs PUREing, it should be in your garden, staking tomato plants, not in your golf club. Now I know that a lot of these companies up sell it and while I think it's disgusting, I don't think you should discount them all together. They can provide good information and help narrow down your search. Just remember, there is no perfect club or combination. It's just not like that. And also if they mention PUREing, just say no thanks.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!