FunkyDionysus

Getting Back Into It Need Advice on Which Clubs to Update First

20 posts / 1149 viewsLast Reply

22 hours ago, FunkyDionysus said:

I didn't think you were building them, I was curious what specs they would need... sorry for the confusion. Do you have any experience with the ST-i irons? Also the M-Series+ Wedges looked intriguing.

Sorry, the dry response came off serious online.  I should know better by now.  

Specs:  how long (compared to standard) do you play your clubs?  I have mine written down somewhere, I think I play quarter inch under standard length.  You'd also want lie angle (although standard isn't the end of the world) and flex of the shaft (which can be approximated by how far you hit your 7-iron, but that's a very rough approximation).  If you have a nonstandard size grip, that'd be relevant too.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

23 hours ago, FunkyDionysus said:

I do have a Gigagolf PowerMax GX922 7 iron that I like. I just got the 7 iron to test out their product several years ago. The problem is that I got it built to specs that I no longer think work for me which is a big reason I want to get some lessons this time around. What clubs do you have from Gigagolf? Is there a reason you're considering going with Maltby instead of GG this time around?

The GG irons are fine. I am satisfied with them for now. But I am just interested in the Maltby offerings also. I have the TRX Powerslot irons. 

Edited by tehuti
Typo

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades