IGNORED

My Swing (Double_AA)

Double_AA

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Double_AA said:

I’ll get back to grinding the shallowing move.

That’s not what I said.

Your right elbow is the issue. Around you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@iacas look any better? Trying to feel like my right arm is external to the max throughout. Aside from the overswing lol

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 9
3-Wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 
Irons: Titleist AP3 4-Pw

Wedges: 48,52,56 Titleist vokey
Putter: Scotty Select Newport 

• Administrator

It's tough to say. It's unlikely you've made a big change swinging at full speed.

It looks a bit better, but I don't know. IMO it's going to take awhile.

It's not entirely about staying "external" either. You can still rotate the shoulder externally but have the elbow well around beside/behind you.

P.S. You could come up for a visit sometime. Maybe even see what your swing is like on GEARS.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

watching this video to get an idea of the correct movement. It appears that you want to keep the right shoulder more internally rotated (not extended) if that makes since? If so that is a biggg change that I need to make. I feel like I currently extend my right shoulder back at the top. Maybe that is caused by pulling the right arm back idk? 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Double_AA said:

watching this video to get an idea of the correct movement. It appears that you want to keep the right shoulder more internally rotated (not extended) if that makes since?

No, it's not really about that. My right elbow can be by my shirt seam regardless of whether my right shoulder is internally or externally rotated. Which is why I said:

15 hours ago, iacas said:

It's not entirely about staying "external" either. You can still rotate the shoulder externally but have the elbow well around beside/behind you.

Lots of stuff there you can do.

Alright so I read some more articles on here, specifically the one about the right arm. Also watched a couple of the videos that applied. My current feel is to start the swing with my pivot, NO ARMS GOING AROUND. Then once that is complete arms go up. I did this a couple days and was sort of shanking. Sooo I started turning the left wrist (bow) at the top. It feels like a lot but on video it’s hard to even see it. Long story short this feels better than my swing ever has. I have no question that this is what I need to be doing. It will take time to sync it up and get it smooth but this is the right track. The club comes in with more shaft lean, the strike is pure, and the swing appears to be shallowing as a bonus. Thank you @iacas for the help!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Had my first ever driver fitting today. Went to club champion to see what they could improve. I tried around 5 different shafts, but the second one was a clear winner(ventus black 6S). We moved into some different heads but nothing could beat my g410. I tried the new cobra, TM, and ping heads. I liked the new ping head but neither of us thought it was worth trading. 
It was a cool experience that put to bed a ton of questions that I’m always tossing around. I’m happy with the results. 

https://mytrackman.com/system/dynamic-report?r=23636cff-68d5-40db-8490-8f5b91616f4a&dm=c&nd=false&op=true&sro=false&do=true&to=true&vo=true&cdo=true&ot=c&ov=d&mp[]=ClubSpeed&mp[]=BallSpeed&mp[]=SmashFactor&mp[]=Carry&mp[]=Total&mp[]=SpinRate&mp[]=ClubPath&mp[]=FaceToPath&mp[]=FaceAngle&mp[]=AttackAngle&u=Us&v=dispersion&sgos[]=40c4b217-a7ee-4fd0-b0c6-75a37071dcac&sgos[]=7ae8887f-25e5-4b5a-9d45-5a1ed25008ff

Edited by Double_AA