Jump to content
ChetlovesMer

Swing Caddie SC 300 and Android

8 posts / 1109 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

I had a couple of nice golf gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. So, I purchased a Swing Caddie SC 300. I've done a bunch of testing with it and I'm satisfied that it is plenty accurate enough for the data I want to get out of it. 

So far I've found Carry Distance, Swing Speed, Smash Factor and Ball Speed to be pretty darn close, Peak height seems to be a little generous, but I'm not sure how much I need that anyway. 

Here's my one issue. The Android App. As best I can tell it doesn't work at all... I mean AT ALL. 

Have any of you guys tried the Android App? Were you able to get it to work? Looking for some help here because I can't get it to do anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I don't have the Swing Caddie SC 300 but thought I'd ask the question.    What Android phone do you have?   What version of Android are you running?  Since there are so many different phones and different version of the operating system, it may be relative.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a Samsung Galaxy s8. 

Okay so I emailed their customer service and they wrote back suggesting I delete the app and redownload it. 

I was okay, that seems silly. But sure enough it worked. 

I'm now getting the data on my phone. My first impression is that the app is a little cumbersome. I only just got it working so I'll try to do a full review after I tinker with it for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have the SC200 and like it a lot. I expect I would like the SC300 even more. Please do check back and let us know how well it works for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I have a Samsung Galaxy s8. 

Okay so I emailed their customer service and they wrote back suggesting I delete the app and redownload it. 

I was okay, that seems silly. But sure enough it worked. 

I'm now getting the data on my phone. My first impression is that the app is a little cumbersome. I only just got it working so I'll try to do a full review after I tinker with it for a while. 

Why does that seem silly? Every time I call IT tech support they ask if the computer is plugged ; If I have turned off and rebooted? I always see it as a corrupted file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, criley4way said:

Why does that seem silly? Every time I call IT tech support they ask if the computer is plugged ; If I have turned off and rebooted? I always see it as a corrupted file.

I've never had to do that with a phone app before. Normally, I just download them and they work. 
This was a first for me.

 

5 hours ago, Zippo said:

I have the SC200 and like it a lot. I expect I would like the SC300 even more. Please do check back and let us know how well it works for you.

I will get back to you with my full review.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, Zippo said:

I have the SC200 and like it a lot. I expect I would like the SC300 even more. Please do check back and let us know how well it works for you.

Here you go:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Here you go:

 

 

Thank you. Nice job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...