IGNORED

Swing Caddie SC 300 and Android

Note: This thread is 1713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had a couple of nice golf gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. So, I purchased a Swing Caddie SC 300. I've done a bunch of testing with it and I'm satisfied that it is plenty accurate enough for the data I want to get out of it. 

So far I've found Carry Distance, Swing Speed, Smash Factor and Ball Speed to be pretty darn close, Peak height seems to be a little generous, but I'm not sure how much I need that anyway. 

Here's my one issue. The Android App. As best I can tell it doesn't work at all... I mean AT ALL. 

Have any of you guys tried the Android App? Were you able to get it to work? Looking for some help here because I can't get it to do anything. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't have the Swing Caddie SC 300 but thought I'd ask the question.    What Android phone do you have?   What version of Android are you running?  Since there are so many different phones and different version of the operating system, it may be relative.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I have a Samsung Galaxy s8. 

Okay so I emailed their customer service and they wrote back suggesting I delete the app and redownload it. 

I was okay, that seems silly. But sure enough it worked. 

I'm now getting the data on my phone. My first impression is that the app is a little cumbersome. I only just got it working so I'll try to do a full review after I tinker with it for a while. 

• Like 1

I have the SC200 and like it a lot. I expect I would like the SC300 even more. Please do check back and let us know how well it works for you.

14 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I have a Samsung Galaxy s8. 

Okay so I emailed their customer service and they wrote back suggesting I delete the app and redownload it. 

I was okay, that seems silly. But sure enough it worked. 

I'm now getting the data on my phone. My first impression is that the app is a little cumbersome. I only just got it working so I'll try to do a full review after I tinker with it for a while. 

Why does that seem silly? Every time I call IT tech support they ask if the computer is plugged ; If I have turned off and rebooted? I always see it as a corrupted file.

4 hours ago, criley4way said:

Why does that seem silly? Every time I call IT tech support they ask if the computer is plugged ; If I have turned off and rebooted? I always see it as a corrupted file.

I've never had to do that with a phone app before. Normally, I just download them and they work. 
This was a first for me.

5 hours ago, Zippo said:

I have the SC200 and like it a lot. I expect I would like the SC300 even more. Please do check back and let us know how well it works for you.

I will get back to you with my full review.

On 8/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, Zippo said:

Here you go:

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!