IGNORED

Golf Ball Switching in Scrambles

jamo
Note: This thread is 1702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is this in poor taste?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is this in poor taste?

• Yes, it's wrong
    • No, go for it
    • Who cares?

As previously stated Scrambles are for fun and beer!
I am typically the long ball in the group. So I usually bring an egg carton of random balls I don't mind losing. These balls are a random sample of the 500 feral balls I have contained in the garage. Could be anything from a Ladies ball to a Nike Black, Pro V's or Wilson. They vary in colour and bruises.
I have all intention of "going for it" when applicable.
Therefore I tend to lose a few of these in ponds, trees , across the road or shrubs!
I can say from experience, Ladies balls do not seem to go any further than any other ball. And Pro V's are lost on me. I cant do, what ever they are known for being good at being able to do! (what a sentence)

I do not think switching balls is against the rules of a scramble, unless it is agreed upon at the beginning of the round.
You already get 1 club length, improve your lie, drop zones (in case no one has a decent drive).
None of these are in the rules of golf.
In fact the best Scramble i ever participated in, had a "rescue kit" for a additional $25. The "rescue kit"  contained 3 various length of string, which you could be used as a gimmie put from that distance. you also got a "pitch, kick and pass", this would allow you 1 under hand toss, 1 throw and 1 kick of a ball, with no added stroke.
Finally, there was a red card, which allowed one member of the group to hit from the red tees (most forward tee).
None of this is within the rules of golf (but it should be), but darn it was fun.

So switch your ball, have a beer and scramble.....

Edited by Elmer

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The scrambles I have played in or heard about, the winning score is usually around 16 under!  So it's pretty obvious the rules are not being followed.  Use as many balls as you want!

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!