IGNORED

My Swing (Cplax92)

Cplax92
Note: This thread is 918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 35 hdcp/ 105
My typical ball flight is: fade/slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice/fat/thin shots

Any help is appreciated I’ve been told I have a tendency to not release the club and it Causes fat and thin shots. 

Videos: 

To add more detail, I’ve recently had a lesson and was told that I hold the lag angle for so long that my hands are almost past my right thigh and still almost at a 90* angle between wrist and club. So in a last ditch effort to actually contact the ball, I cut across it leading to my out to in path. My divots when I make decent contact are going to the left more then straight. When I to top the ball it feels like I’m coming down so steep that I’m topping it on the downward arc of the swing if that makes any sense. 

I will add to this as I remember more stuff about my swing. My instructor did explain I have to start the release almost from the top instead of pulling down I just couldn’t quite figure out how to actually do this 

• Administrator

Would love to see some better quality video from some good angles: https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey, that's the Alley Pond driving range!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Would love to see some better quality video from some good angles: https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing.

Thank you. Still trying to find some driving ranges near me. (Manhattan if anyone can help)

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Hey, that's the Alley Pond driving range!

Ya awesome place. First time there. 

The video you sent isn't great quality, but the swing you provided looks way better than what I'd expect to see from a 35 handicap.  That swing you provided looks better than mine, and I'm a 6...

John

1 minute ago, SG11118 said:

The video you sent isn't great quality, but the swing you provided looks way better than what I'd expect to see from a 35 handicap.  That swing you provided looks better than mine, and I'm a 6...

So I just moved so I’m working on getting to the range just waiting on a tripod I just got for my GoPro and will post it up.

Ya so that’s pretty much what my instructor said. He said I have a decent swing and and it really just goes wrong on the downswing. I think I’m at a point where if I could figure this out, I could shoot under a 100 pretty quick as my most detrimental quality on the course is I’ll top the ball, then hit it fat and just lose my swing entirely. Also of the tee I can’t hit anything(driver, 3W, 3h or 4h) probably due to the same flaw

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cplax92 said:

Bueller?

Sheesh.

The camera angles are still not right.

Plus, you can put the camera closer to you, so you fill more of the frame. (DTL)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 years later...

Since the last video my ball striking has improved to where I’m getting decent distance on most of my clubs but consistency still isn’t there and my average score is still above 100. 

I’ve recently had a week where I would get to the top of my swing and I felt like I could just turn and literally let my hands feel dead and I was striping balls. Literally hitting 260 with a 3wd for the first time ever. But I’ve since lost that feel and can’t get it back. It’s actually depressing.

Also I’m sorry about the video quality it looked good on my phone but I guess YouTube messes with that. The store has dim lighting so that also doesn’t help.
Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

A face-on would be useful, too.

What's next?

2 hours ago, iacas said:

A face-on would be useful, too.

What's next?

Of course I forgot that. See y’all in two years lol. Don’t know what you means by what’s next but I’ll try and get something soon

• Administrator

What's the next thing you're working on?

Also, please… add an avatar.

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

What's the next thing you're working on?

Also, please… add an avatar.

Gotcha. Avatar added.

Based off of my video I watched for the first time today I guess first step is more depth and less across the line. However I’ll try and get the face on tomorrow if possible then I’ll have a better idea hopefully 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!