IGNORED

How to Put Weight Forward on a Pitch?

checkerfred
Note: This thread is 1686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I've been practicing the Quickie Pitch shot.  I always hear weight forward on a pitch or even a chip.  I've never known the proper way to have the weight forward.  Nothing feels right when I do it.  I feel like I'm way too stuck just leaning toward the target and pivoting feels weird.....Also, when I move my weight forward, I tend to feel like my left shoulder is lower to the ball and my head is forward of the ball too.....I just feel way too uncomfortable when I try to put my weight forward

So what is the proper way to do this?  Like where on the foot should I feel that weight?  Heel or toe?  More toward the instep?  Do the shoulders stay level and head behind the ball?

If you scroll down a bit you’ll see Key #2 videos that describe weight forward quite nicely.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to How to Put Weight Forward?

Checkerfred, you are right to ask this.  It must be practiced because it is not natural to do so.  To answer your questions, you put your weight forward quite a bit, to the point that your left foot (right-handed) will roll some.  Your left knee bends considerably in front of that foot, and just about all of your weight is over on the left side.  Check out the vids though.  I did.

• Informative 1

• iacas changed the title to How to Put Weight Forward on a Pitch?
  • Administrator
10 hours ago, Vinsk said:

If you scroll down a bit you’ll see Key #2 videos that describe weight forward quite nicely.

@Vinsk, Key #2 is for the full swing.

@checkerfred, just set up 50/50, then feel like your right shoulder elevates a little so you tip a little toward the target. It helps create a little ascent and descent in the backswing/downswing, too. If the ball isn't back, you won't be "ahead" of the ball or anything.

• Informative 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!