IGNORED

Bobcat!

NM Golf
Note: This thread is 1653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Meanwhile on the 7th hole at my course...This is the second bobcat we have trapped. My course is in the center of town.IMG_0061.thumb.jpeg.df1cb3bda1f3e25bc0f886948ce39581.jpeg

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've seen bobcats in town in Tucson, in more suburban neighborhoods, and on at least one golf course.  I've seen pictures of a family of then on a coworker's wall around their yard.  Never even occurred to me that they needed trapping!  The most interesting one was when my son said "Stop!" in the middle of my backswing, and he NEVER does that!  Maybe 125 yards out, there was a bobcat meandering across the fairway.

8 minutes ago, jlbos83 said:

Never even occurred to me that they needed trapping! 

This big girl had made a meal out of several of the homeowners' pets that surround the course. A least one of those instances, the owners were in attendance to watch their little shitzu disappear over the wall in her mouth. That's not going to fly, and it cost her her life. They had to put her down.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Our two local courses have at times have had mtn lions, bobcats, various snakes, coyotes, tortoises, gila monsters, badgers, feral cats, wild dogs,  and what ever else lives in the mojave desert. 

The predators are there for the lizards, quail, rabbits, and other rodent populations that live on the courses. 

Both courses are surrounded on two, or three sides by homes, with the other sides open to the wild desert. 

The only real danger is the various rattlesnakes that frequent the area. Especially the mojave greens. Balls lost in the dense bushes, are usually left there. 

It is legal for local home owners to kill any wild animal/reptile deemed dangerous to humans, that should show up in their neighborhood. Animal control handles the disposal of the carcass.

Tortoises, bull, and king snakes are not deemed dangerous to humans. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Saw a bobcat recently get a mouse near the 18th tee of a local course. The course surrounds a river tributary. Lots of critters live in our river bottoms. We see some BIG snakes! Best, -Marv 

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Just let those bobcats mosey on down the water’s edge along our Florida ponds....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 1653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!