IGNORED

Practice!

hawkeye
Note: This thread is 5919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you practice?
How often do you practice?
What do you practice?
Where do you practice
Do you have any tips for making it fun?

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Yes, I practice. I like to practice as much as I like to play. I go to the range at the course near my house. I go a couple of times a week. I also go by myself and play practice rounds a lot during late evenings in the summer. I think it is fun to be out on the course when it is very quiet (late evenings) and you can hit 2-3 balls off each tee box and try different shots.

In the : Nike SQ Tour Bag

Driver: Speed Pro S Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood: Speed Pro X/ST Stiff 15*
Hybrid: Walter Hagen 21* Aldila NV Hybrid 85-S Shaft Irons: RAC LT2 4-Sand StiffWedge: Z TP 60* Putter: Rossa Lambeau Ball: TP Red Grips: Golf Pride Dual Durometer

Do you practice?
Yes. When I play
I play roughly twice a week
What do you practice?
Tee to green
Where do you practice
Course
Play more golf

The past two years I have become a much better golfer and I feel its due to my course management and putting. This year I plan on hitting more balls at the range and improving my pitch shots from 70 yards. Also bunker shots need improvement.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I usually go to teh range and try different things. I practice putting 2-3 times a week during the warmer months at the course. I make my own little putting courses in my house every day. I think that putting is the most important part of your game. You can make it to the green in one shot, but if you put four times, your game is done.

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

Do you practice?

I love practising, and in the summer I try to practise every day (maybe why I'm off 5/6 even though only been playing a couple years.... obsessed lol)

When I practise It's usually a mix of technique and feel, working on particular moves in the swing, and focusing on controlling the ball flight. On the short game area I mainly focus on feel and set up, also work a lot on my take away, and that can make or break your short game. If I'm not warming up for a tournament I like to practise away from my home course to avoid distraction, this rarely happens though as usually I get a call from someone (usually Tristan from this forum!) begging me to come and play golf To make it fun I play games such as the 9 shot game: low draw, normal draw, high draw, low fade, normal fade, high fade, and work on perfecting those shots. Play competitive games, me and Tristan have competitions to see who can go the longest without hitting a bad shot. I also enjoy improving and hitting good shots, and knowing that it will help my game the next time I play.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I love to practice and get to practice everyday before work for an hour or hour and half.

Saturday/Sunday: Play at least one day.
Monday: Practice what ever I struggled on during the pervious round.
Tuesday: Chipping/Putting
Wednesday: (2,3,4) Irons/Driver/3wood/Putting
Thursday: Par 3 Course/Putting
Friday: Chipping/Putting
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Do you practice?

I practice hard. I don't want to get any worse. I practice as often as I can in season. Now it's once a month. Here's what I practice:
  • I start with 200 balls.
  • I hit 100 balls with my wedges, 50 with a 7 iron, 14 drivers and at least one shot with everything else.
  • First twenty-five swings: awareness of my right knee staying in position.
  • Five each of: feeling the angle of the face at waist high, actively releasing my hands, staying behind the ball too long on purpose, driving right shoulder forward, finishing as high as possible
  • That takes two hours. Then I chip and putt for an hour or two.
Making it fun: If there's a short game area, put yourself behind a tree and figure out how to get it on the green. Practicing a backward right hand swing with a sand wedge (for when you can't take a stance). Around the green: putting the ball in really difficult lies; pitching the ball down and across severe slopes; My neighbor through out an old junior set. I put one in my bag when I go to the range. I give them to little kids at the range.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Do you practice?

I practice three times a week. I hit over 200 balls, each time, working on different aspects of my game, both at the range and the golf course. (Golf course is for putting)

I practice what's weakest or a new shot. I've also dedicated time to chipping. My bunker play has gotten really good but chipping from the rough is always a work in progress. I generally spend twenty minutes doing this. Today, for example, I took only three swings with my driver. The rest of the time was spent working on shots 100 yards and in, chipping, and fading the ball with my hybrids. To make it fun, I sometimes will play a round of golf at the range.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I am starting to practice again, it would be hard to hit the course with a two year lay-off.
How Often: Been to the range atleast twice per week.
What do your Practice: - 170 and out ( meaning 6 - Driver ) one day, and 165 and in (7 - Putter ) the next.
Where: Mostly at the range (for now)
Making it fun: Its golf, do you need any more insentive to make it fun.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

I've always found that drinking a few beers and listening to music (ipod while putting) makes it a bit more fun. Seems to make practice time go by faster as well.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

I go to the range 2 days a week, usually mornings before class. I will hit 70 or so balls on the range. Since the range is rarely busy at this hour, I'll hit ten or so, then stop and putt, seeing how many three-footers in a row I can sink. I also try 5- and 7-footers if my 3-footers are going well.
Regardless, I'll try some 20-25 footers, trying to hit it so that I have a short putt going back (i.e., at least giving it a chance to go in. 4-feet past the hole doesn't have much of a chance to go in either though, so I try to keep it close).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do you practice?

I go to the range once a week > i play every saturday (weather permitting!

) I generally only hit 65 balls at my local driving range (off the grass) i only take 2, 4, 6, 8 and 9. aswell as, PW, LW, hybrid, 3 wood and driver. to make it fun, i will bring my old Dunlop Wooden Driver tomorrow night!
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

I used to live next to a course and practiced 2 to 4 times a week. You paid $10 and could hit all the balls you wanted. Most days I would work through my bag with odd or even clubs, eventually moving up to my woods. After that I would work on my wedge shots both long and short range. From there I usually moved to either the chipping or putting green. Overall I would spend about an hour and a half practicing.

I have moved, unfortunately, and the nearest practice facility that is good enough for what I need is about 20 minutes away. Fortunately it is right next to my work, so I plan on taking my clubs and hitting after work.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This winter i bought a used 4x4 hitting mat and a big mouth net to put in my garage. Got an electric heater and was set. I practice everyday. I've been especially working on my take-away and posture. Also, my chipping contact and putting stance and take-away. It's nice having it so when I'm watching The Golf Channel and see an instruction to try I can run to the garage and see if it's worth adding it to my practice routine. It's true that it's not the same as hitting balls into an open field but that's why I work on the fundamentals instead of hitting balls.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

Do you practice?
Duh....

I practice three to five times a week and play four to six times a week. My range routine takes about an hour to an hour and a half, and my short game routine take just over two hours.

What do you practice?
I attached my range routine and short game routine to this post. As you can see, on the range I work on working the ball and verying trajectory. I also put a lot of emphasis on wedges and scoring clubs. My short game routine is long, but I have a lot of fun doing it. I put a lot of emphasis on putting inside ten feet, and I also do work with touch wedges (20-60 yards), something I see players do less often compared to other greenside drills.

Where do you practice?
My parents have had a membership at Champions Run Country Club in Omaha since I was born. i have been very blessed and am very grateful to have access to such a fine facility. The course is currently redoing the rather mediocre shipping area and putting in a short game center. You can hit up to 65 yard wedges and the bunker allows you to practice a much larger variety of shots than the previous one. There is a two tiered range that is open sunrise to sunset. Unfortunately, they took out the fairway bunker a few years ago, which would be a great tool because that is a tough shot to learn.

I always have the Mp3 player with me, and the thought of being able to play golf at a higher level than I am at right now is the only thing I need to motivate me to practice. If I could give a tip, it would be to have a variety. Don't work on just short game or just ball striking. It mixes things up and keeps it interesting.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

The only thing I love more then practicing golf is playing a round of golf. If I had more time that is all I would do.
I try and concentrate most of my time on the practice greens, chipping and putting.
Right now with it being winter I cant do anything other then putt. I putt every night on my putting mat and I cant wait to actually see some real grass.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

The course I'm a member at has a covered range that is heated, so with rain etc... through the winter, and the shorter days, I can only get out from November-January on Friday to Sunday. Now that the days are getting longer, I'm able to get out more after work, which leaves me more time to play golf too as the weather gets nicer. I usually hit 60-70 balls, starting with my 60˚ to a 50 yard flag, and then one day I practice my even number irons, and the next my odds. I always hit 5-10 driver shots, and then finish with my 52˚ and 56˚ wedges to various targets. I then got to the short game area and work on chipping and putting. I have also tried to hit shots with the same club at different targets to avoid just raking and firing the balls. Trying to put more thought into my practice.

I've been taking lessons through the winter and at my last session, the pro was trying to groove some new positions, and I've been hitting half my balls with full swings, but at about 50%. It has been a good technique to ingrain the feeling of the swing. I do this with my 9 iron, and then another 30-40 with full swings at regular tempo.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

2-3 times a week unless I play mid-week

What do you practice?
Everything

Where do you practice?
My nearby home course has an excellent short game area and grass driving range (daytime only)

At night I have to resort to the mat, but at least they have a little nap to them so you can see when you're hitting them fat.

I never really think of my practice time as fun. There are an infinite number of drills you can do to mix it up. The only time practice becomes fun is if I'm practicing with a friend...especially on the practice putting green ($$).

Have you ever tried playing an imaginary round on the range? It's pretty cool.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Note: This thread is 5919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!