Vinsk

NCAA Football 2019

508 posts / 18999 viewsLast Reply

On 1/16/2020 at 4:58 PM, iacas said:
On 1/16/2020 at 8:48 AM, Vinsk said:

This is the NCAA you're talking about, man. I've seen students get in trouble for accepting a free lunch.

I guess we’re doing the whole Brady Bunch ‘ exact words’ game. The statement above implies punishment is very likely. I disagreed. That is all.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I guess we’re doing the whole Brady Bunch ‘ exact words’ game. The statement above implies punishment is very likely. I disagreed. That is all.

Dude, if "I've seen students get in trouble for accepting a free lunch." implies to you that "punishment is very likely," then I don't know what to tell you.

It does not imply that. It simply says I wouldn't be surprised if they punished the students for accepting cash, and as far as I understand it, we don't really even know if they would, if only seniors and people leaving the NCAA got cash.

P.S. Especially when I then link to a story where a student (Tiger) got in trouble for accepting a free lunch.

$25 < $hundreds

I said there will not be any punishment for this issue. Period. No possible bs statement. No shit it’s possible...hardly a bold bet there. I stood my ground and said they won’t do any punishment and they didn’t.

You stated/ implied that there is a possibility they will because ‘ hey dude this is the NCAA.’

Great. But I got it right. No biggie.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

You stated/ implied that there is a possibility they will because ‘ hey dude this is the NCAA.’

Let's be clear, though: that's not what you said before:

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

The statement above implies punishment is very likely. I disagreed.

It was a possibility, so I could say I got it right, too.

🙂