IGNORED

NCAA Football 2019

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It’d be nice to have a season where the blatant bias for the grossly overrated Big 10 and it’s love child Ohio State didn’t flood the polls. Yes I Know the AP, coaches poll etc. are essentially meaningless but damn. It’s the same thing almost every year...Ohio gets a schedule riddled with cupcakes and they finally play a ranked team in November.

In the same article one writes, ‘OU can’t help their schedule...it’s the way the cookie crumbles.’  And then, ‘ OSU has looked impressive and dominating with their most recent big win against MSU.’ Huh? What has OSU done this season? Beat a washed up #24 MSU? That’s a big win? And of course they have a bye this week while OU, LSU, Florida, Alabama all play ranked teams. OSU hasn’t done a single thing to deserve the #3 spot. And yes it was quite generous to only drop Clemson one spot after squeaking by unranked NC. Had that same game been OU they would’ve dropped OU 4 spots. Hell they would’ve kept OSU still calling it a win against a powerhouse. 

So OU is undefeated including a win against their biggest rival ranked #11 at an away game...OSU has beat 4 cupcakes in a row with only the bruised MI & the mediocre PSU left ...the rest are 100% cupcakes. If OSU capitalizes in their free pass to the top four...they’ll get their asses handed to them in the playoffs. And hell...they’ll be fresher than any other team coming off no ranked opponents while the SEC/Big 12 teams are grinding it. My rant. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to NCAA Football 2019
9 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

It’d be nice to have a season where the blatant bias for the grossly overrated Big 10 and it’s love child Ohio State didn’t flood the polls. Yes I Know the AP, coaches poll etc. are essentially meaningless but damn. It’s the same thing almost every year...Ohio gets a schedule riddled with cupcakes and they finally play a ranked team in November.

In the same article one writes, ‘OU can’t help their schedule...it’s the way the cookie crumbles.’  And then, ‘ OSU has looked impressive and dominating with their most recent big win against MSU.’ Huh? What has OSU done this season? Beat a washed up #24 MSU? That’s a big win? And of course they have a bye this week while OU, LSU, Florida, Alabama all play ranked teams. OSU hasn’t done a single thing to deserve the #3 spot. And yes it was quite generous to only drop Clemson one spot after squeaking by unranked NC. Had that same game been OU they would’ve dropped OU 4 spots. Hell they would’ve kept OSU still calling it a win against a powerhouse. 

So OU is undefeated including a win against their biggest rival ranked #11 at an away game...OSU has beat 4 cupcakes in a row with only the bruised MI & the mediocre PSU left ...the rest are 100% cupcakes. If OSU capitalizes in their free pass to the top four...they’ll get their asses handed to them in the playoffs. And hell...they’ll be fresher than any other team coming off no ranked opponents while the SEC/Big 12 teams are grinding it. My rant. 

Very few outside of the SEC play anybody.

Edited by ncates00

5 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Very few outside of the SEC play anybody.

Lol...yeah. Well many don’t understand the PAC-12 is like the Korn-Ferry to the PGA Tour. OSU is easily the leader of the BI0..and the only team with a snowball’s chance in hell to remotely contend. Wisconsin? Please. But it gets tiring to hear how Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana...oh hell the list goes on...are powerhouse teams and what a ‘great win’ OSU got. Meanwhile Texas, Baylor, OkSt, are meaningless wins and keep OU from ranking up. Hell Big12/SEC teams will get dropped if they don’t win by a large margin.....you won’t see that happen with OSU. Maybe once in the past 5 seasons. They got their butts kicked by an unranked team back to back Seasons and they were still considered for a top four slot? Are you kidding me? You lose to an unranked team in November...you’re done.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I'm a UNLV alumni. We don't worry about such things as national ratings in football.

Ranked teams pay us a visit every once in while. They kick out butts, and go home. Looks good on their season resumes. . 

• Like 2

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

3 minutes ago, Patch said:

I'm a UNLV alumni. We don't worry about such things as national ratings in football.

Ranked teams pay us a visit every once in while. They kick out butts, and go home. Looks good on their season resumes. . 

Ah..but I remember the good ole days of UNLV BASKETBALL!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Ah..but I remember the good ole days of UNLV BASKETBALL!

So does my pocket book......lol

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

they’ll get their asses handed to them in the playoffs. And hell...they’ll be fresher than any other team coming off no ranked opponents while the SEC/Big 12 teams are grinding it. My rant. 

The advanced analytics say your wrong. Check out ESPN FPI, and Bill Connelly’s S/P+. 

also, they’ve played just as though or tougher schedule than Alabama or Clemson.

Edited by saevel25
  • Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

51 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

As good as any team not named Alabama. I pray my boys get through them in two weeks.

This!

If you’re not a believer after today, you’re not paying attention!

OSU in 2 weeks.  The winner is a genuine contender, even against Alabama

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I'm just gonna leave this here...

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

OSU hasn’t done a single thing to deserve the #3 spot. 

What have Alabama or Clemson done this season to deserve their spots? The only ranked team either one of them have played thus far is Texas A&M, who was a clearly overrated #12 team when Clemson played them and will now drop out of the top 25 after playing Alabama, which is the same exact thing that happened to then #25 Michigan State when OSU beat MSU and they were ranked #25 at the time...

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

OSU has beat 4 cupcakes in a row with only the bruised MI & the mediocre PSU left ...the rest are 100% cupcakes. 

FFS man if you're going to go on a rant at least get your facts straight. OSU plays #8 Wisconsin in 2 weeks... Didn't realize the #8 team in the country is considered a "100% cupcake".

Also funny how you consider OSU beating #25 ranked MSU to be a cupcake game but when Alabama beats #24 Texas A&M that's apparently not a cupcake game for Alabama. One of those so called cupcake games for OSU was a 42-0 win against Cincinnati who is now ranked #25 and will jump Texas A&M since UC won and Texas A&M lost today.

Let's keep going with the cupcake thing too, Alabama plays/played New Mexico State, Southern Mississippi, and in the second to last week of the regular season Western Carolina, all 3 of who have a combined record of 5-14 right now...

Clemson plays/played Georgia Tech (just gave up 41 points to Duke), Charlotte, and Wofford.

Oklahoma's first 3 games were against Houston (just lost to Cincinnati who OSU beat 42-0), South Dakota, and UCLA (also lost to Cincinnati), with combined records of 6-12 right now... 

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

If OSU capitalizes in their free pass to the top four...they’ll get their asses handed to them in the playoffs. And hell...they’ll be fresher than any other team coming off no ranked opponents while the SEC/Big 12 teams are grinding it. 

If OSU wins out they will likely have 4 regular season wins against then ranked top 25 teams, with possibly 2 of those wins against top 10 ranked teams, and a blowout win against a team that worked their way into the top 25 ranking, plus a Big Ten championship win likely against Wisconsin. How would that potential resume be considered a "free pass to the top 4" ?

Also, what do you mean by "coming off no ranked opponents? OSU's last 2 games in the regular season are against Penn State and Michigan. Alabama plays Western Carolina and Auburn in their last 2, Clemson plays South Carolina and Wake Forest, Oklahoma plays TCU and OK St. OSU has by far the toughest final 2 games to the season out of any of those teams.

If you're gonna go on a rant, at least try to use some logic and/or some facts to help boost your case!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

16 minutes ago, David in FL said:

This!

If you’re not a believer after today, you’re not paying attention!

OSU in 2 weeks.  The winner is a genuine contender, even against Alabama

I ain't gonna lie. I'm scared sh-t ;less on this one.

LSU looks for real also, but the winner of OSU-Wisconsin is defintely in the cat-bird seat for the Big 10.

(edited)
20 minutes ago, klineka said:

I'm just gonna leave this here...

What have Alabama or Clemson done this season to deserve their spots? The only ranked team either one of them have played thus far is Texas A&M, who was a clearly overrated #12 team when Clemson played them and will now drop out of the top 25 after playing Alabama, which is the same exact thing that happened to then #25 Michigan State when OSU beat MSU and they were ranked #25 at the time...

FFS man if you're going to go on a rant at least get your facts straight. OSU plays #8 Wisconsin in 2 weeks... Didn't realize the #8 team in the country is considered a "100% cupcake".

Also funny how you consider OSU beating #25 ranked MSU to be a cupcake game but when Alabama beats #24 Texas A&M that's apparently not a cupcake game for Alabama. One of those so called cupcake games for OSU was a 42-0 win against Cincinnati who is now ranked #25 and will jump Texas A&M since UC won and Texas A&M lost today.

Let's keep going with the cupcake thing too, Alabama plays/played New Mexico State, Southern Mississippi, and in the second to last week of the regular season Western Carolina, all 3 of who have a combined record of 5-14 right now...

Clemson plays/played Georgia Tech (just gave up 41 points to Duke), Charlotte, and Wofford.

Oklahoma's first 3 games were against Houston (just lost to Cincinnati who OSU beat 42-0), South Dakota, and UCLA (also lost to Cincinnati), with combined records of 6-12 right now... 

If OSU wins out they will likely have 4 regular season wins against then ranked top 25 teams, with possibly 2 of those wins against top 10 ranked teams, and a blowout win against a team that worked their way into the top 25 ranking, plus a Big Ten championship win likely against Wisconsin. How would that potential resume be considered a "free pass to the top 4" ?

Also, what do you mean by "coming off no ranked opponents? OSU's last 2 games in the regular season are against Penn State and Michigan. Alabama plays Western Carolina and Auburn in their last 2, Clemson plays South Carolina and Wake Forest, Oklahoma plays TCU and OK St. OSU has by far the toughest final 2 games to the season out of any of those teams.

If you're gonna go on a rant, at least try to use some logic and/or some facts to help boost your case!

I don’t recall saying how tough Alabama’s schedule is. But they’ve put up when the big games came. The Big 10 is weak so Wisconsin is a joke nationally speaking..a powerhouse for the Big10 for sure...but come on...Wisconsin vs OU, Florida, LSU, Georgia...yeah flukes happen in every sport but come on....Wisconsin would get blown out big time. You’re actually defending OSU’s wins to date? Seriously? Tell me ...who has OSU beaten so far that they deserve a #3 spot? Who? Oh wait...after a weekend of ranked teams playing ranked teams while OSU had a bye...they come back to play....wait for it...the mighty 1-4 Northwestern!! Let me guess...they’re a solid team with an explosive offense! Probably move OSU to #1 for that win!

8 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I ain't gonna lie. I'm scared sh-t ;less on this one.

LSU looks for real also, but the winner of OSU-Wisconsin is defintely in the cat-bird seat for the Big 10.

OSU will get their free pass to the top four (as long as they don’t get blown out by an unranked team like they have the past two seasons) then they’ll get humiliated by whoever they play in the playoffs. 

Edited by Vinsk

I mean just watching the LSU/FL game..a totally different level of play from the Big10 or PAC-12. It’s why OU man-handled Ohio State so easily last year on Ohio’s own field. Just such a waste to put them up there with that caliber. But it’ll be any easy win for the other team. Just hope we don’t get another Clemson/Alabama. Clemson should’ve dropped more than one spot for their dismal game against NC. That was nonsense. 

Just now, Vinsk said:

I mean just watching the LSU/FL game..a totally different level of play from the Big10 or PAC-12. It’s why OU man-handled Ohio State so easily last year on Ohio’s own field. Just such a waste to put them up there with that caliber. But it’ll be any easy win for the other team. Just hope we don’t get another Clemson/Alabama. Clemson should’ve dropped more than one spot for their dismal game against NC. That was nonsense. 

Have you not been paying attention?

Wisconsin has allowed three freaking points in the first half TOTAL over six games. They have 4 shut outs over 6 games...and have only allowed 29 points in 6 games!  Their defense has scored as many touchdowns over six games is they have allowed all of their opponents to score!

And  they have a Heisman Trophy candidate running back. 

I understand that the SEC thinks that the sun rises and sets on their ass, but all you have to do is look at what happened to Georgia today to understand that that ain’t so!

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Ok. @Vinsk.

Truly nice win against Texas in the Red River ... Hoedown? No. Seriously, that was solid. ... Other than that you got Houston, South Dakota, UCLA, Texas Tech and Kansas.

Is it really that different?

Edited by mcanadiens

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

I don’t recall saying how tough Alabama’s schedule is. But they’ve put up when the big games came

What big games have Alabama played this season?

6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

The Big 10 is weak so Wisconsin is a joke nationally speaking

Any facts to support this? 

7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

You’re actually defending OSU’s wins to date? Seriously? Tell me ...who has OSU beaten so far that they deserve a #3 spot? Who? 

Wins against Michigan State and a shutout of Cincinnati are a better grouping of 2 wins than any of Alabama, Clemson, and Oklahoma have had so far this season. Please name a better 2 win grouping any of those teams have had so far this season.

In 5 of their 6 games this season, OSU has held their opponents to 10 points or less, with 2 of those games being against current or at the time top 25 teams.

Alabama gave up 28 in their only game against a ranked opponent,  Oklahoma gave up 27 in their only game against a ranked opponent.

I'll ask you again (since you didn't answer the first time) Who have Alabama, Clemson, or Oklahoma beaten this season to deserve their spots?

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

It’s why OU man-handled Ohio State so easily last year on Ohio’s own field.

What does that have to do with this season and where the teams are ranked this season?

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

21 minutes ago, klineka said:
33 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

What does that have to do with this season and where the teams are ranked this season?

Because OSU has been moved above OU despite getting humiliated by them at their last meeting...and since then starting this season off with a pack of cupcakes. MSU was blown out today by Wisconsin...and they were ranked 24 when OSU beat them..so that win’s worthless. Cincinnati? Lol!!! Come on man. Texas was ranked #11 and OU beat them away. That’s better than any win OSU has this season...period. I agree about Clemson...but they did win the NC and have kept their spot (undeservingly). But seriously...MSU/Cincinnati? That’s a classic Big10 over hype. Surely you chuckled when you wrote that. It’s all for fun...really....we’ll see in the end what happens. But I guarantee you OSU will be in for a rude awakening if they think MSU/Cincinnati proves their worthiness. LSU over Florida..better than anything OSU has done. Cincinnati...lol....sorry...I just can’t get over that.

OSU has a 17th remaining SOS. 
OU has a 24th remaining SOS.
Alabama has a 41st, Clemson has a 72nd (garbage). 

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 12.16.41 AM.png

Sagarin keeps his rankings up to date. His calculations would always hammer OSU back in the Tressel era for weak scheduling

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

OSU has a better SOS than all but one of the top 10 teams. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 12.19.55 AM.png

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Because OSU has been moved above OU despite getting humiliated by them at their last meeting...and since then starting this season off with a pack of cupcakes.

You mean two years ago? Who is still on that team the played in that game? 

What can you say about the year before that when OSU went into OU's stadium and crush them. Can we go three years back? 

3 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I agree about Clemson...but they did win the NC and have kept their spot (undeservingly).

That argument I garbage in college football. Rankings should be based on week to week, not what they did last year. 

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

But I guarantee you OSU will be in for a rude awakening if they think MSU/Cincinnati proves their worthiness. LSU over Florida..better than anything OSU has done. Cincinnati...lol....sorry...I just can’t get over that.

You are not even considering how dominate OSU was over those teams. OSU put up more points in one quarter against MSU than they allowed on average all year! One QUARTER!. 

Your argument is similar to Jack being better than Tiger. You are not even taking into account how dominant they have been. 

Also, their schedule stacks up with every other team in the top 10.

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 1520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!