dumbgolfer

Water in Driver Head

4 posts / 699 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

14 hours ago, dumbgolfer said:

Hi all, I stupidly submerged my driver head when cleaning it and now there is water stuck inside sloshing around. Any suggestions on how to get this out??

TIA

Most drivers now have a weight or other type of screw in the head. If your has this, you can either get the tool to remove the weight or bring it to a shop and they will do it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hopefully you can do what @boogielicious suggested.

If no weight/screw ports are availablele and water is sloshing around inside the head, then abviously there's  an open pathway for it have got in there in the first place. A weak connection point maybe?

I'm thinking lean it head up against a wall, next to heater vent, or use a hair dryer on low to help it evaporate out. This might be a quicker, free fix. Just dont over heat the head, which could cause the epixy connection to fail. 

Then again since the head is not sealed, take it to a pro shop for a repair, and have them check for a cracked head casing. If no cracks are found, remove the head, drain the water, and reseal/install the head back on the shaft. 

I got water in one of my drivers once. The water enterd through a small area where the shaft and hosel were glued. A bad glue job was the problem. Eventually, that area void of any glue could of caused the head to loosen up, and come off. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks both for your response, i removed the weight an drained what i could. I then let it on top of a radiator for 48 hours to evaporate the rest off. All is well now thank you !