IGNORED

Delete Old E-Club GHIN Account After Joining New CC?

650nmWolf
Note: This thread is 1598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am excited to say that I just joined a local golf club and now get to play on a regular basis!  This club is taking care of my ghin account so I assume my old "E-Club" account will go dormant since I wont post and have removed all credit card info.  Is there a way to totally delete the account, so there is no confusion?  I dont want people to look me up and see two "Judge Elihu Smails."  One for my new Bushwood CC, and an old one at "Carolinas E-Club Charlotte."  It should be noted that both "clubhouses" are under the same "Carolinas Golf Association," so maybe my new club can just merge them.  I admit ignorance to the entire system so maybe I am thinking about this incorrectly.  Thanks for any thoughts!

1 minute ago, 650nmWolf said:

I am excited to say that I just joined a local golf club and now get to play on a regular basis!  This club is taking care of my ghin account so I assume my old "E-Club" account will go dormant since I wont post and have removed all credit card info.  Is there a way to totally delete the account, so there is no confusion?  I dont want people to look me up and see two "Judge Elihu Smails."  One for my new Bushwood CC, and an old one at "Carolinas E-Club Charlotte."  It should be noted that both "clubhouses" are under the same "Carolinas Golf Association," so maybe my new club can just merge them.  I admit ignorance to the entire system so maybe I am thinking about this incorrectly.  Thanks for any thoughts!

I would just check with the other group. They could either transfer it or just reassign the club.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks Scott!  So my eclub will have a flesh and bones "director" of some sort that I can communicate with?  I was just assuming it was an online club that had no real customer service.  Again, I am not familiar with the system.

4 minutes ago, 650nmWolf said:

Thanks Scott!  So my eclub will have a flesh and bones "director" of some sort that I can communicate with?  I was just assuming it was an online club that had no real customer service.  Again, I am not familiar with the system.

They most likely have a coordinator that can answer the question. It may also be managed by the state you live in via a state association. I have my GHIN through a club, by Mass Golf really manages it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• iacas changed the title to Delete Old E-Club GHIN Account After Joining New CC?

Where are you?  Does your club/association use the GHIN system?  If so, no action should be required.  But you need to make sure to give your current GHIN number to your new club so your history is properly maintained.

It’s not at all uncommon for a golfer to show up under multiple clubs, but after the current calendar year you’ve paid for expires, you should be automatically dropped from the e club when you don’t renew.

• Thumbs Up 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

Your GHIN number won't change - or shouldn't. You should tell your new club your existing GHIN account and they'll basically "renew" it for you for 2020 or whatever. They'll "take over" the ownership of the account. You can delete your credit card info or whatever with the e-club then after you've confirmed that it's working with the physical club.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

As @iacas says, your scoring record will be automatically transferred to your new club, as long as you provide them your GHIN number.  But to answer your other question, your Type 3 Club (eclub) is required to have a Handicap Committee and Handicap Committee Chairman.  In your case, I suggest you go to your eClub account and make sure any "auto-renewal" options are turned off.  You might also email here GHINsupport@carolinasgolf.org and let them know what's going on to make sure you're taking all the correct steps.  There are also phone numbers available at the Carolinas Golf Association webpage if you prefer to speak with someone that way.

For anyone else interested, you're not allowed to maintain more than one handicap account.  If you move or change clubs, you should always let your new club know that you have an existing history, and how to access it.  Most Associations use GHIN for calculations, so its easy for the club's handicap administrators to simply change your home club.  If you transfer to an area that uses a different calculation service, you must still let them know of your previous scoring record, I'm sure transfers like that are handled routinely.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

This is perfect!  Thank you guys for this info.  I will get in touch with my eclub and take the appropriate steps suggested above.  I am also meeting with my head golf pro this week to discuss.  Can't wait to post some scores at my new course!  Thanks again!

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!