IGNORED

Cleveland Putters

Larrh7
Note: This thread is 1584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone used any of the Cleveland Putters? I tried the Huntington Beach #1 and the Ping in the same style. Couldn't tell the difference except for the price.  I have a Odyssey 2 ball fang now.  Last round I played when I got home the face insert was missing.  I've read where that is a big problem with Odyssey Putters.  It's 3  years old so I'm not sure I'll even repair it.  I've written Odyssey to see if they will send me a new insert but no response yet. I'm sure I could get it to adhere better than they did. 

Edited by Larrh7
Misspelled work.

I had a Cleveland putter years ago. It worked pretty well until the shaft broke when I wrapped it around my knee.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, billchao said:

I had a Cleveland putter years ago. It worked pretty well until the shaft broke when I wrapped it around my knee.

I’d work on a bit more of a “straight back, straight through” stroke to correct that...  :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I'm using a Cleveland Frontline Cero.  So far, I like it pretty well.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

The Huntington Beach putters are a steal.  We have one at our shop, Anser style, deep milling.  Sets up great and feels great as well.  Distance control is fine as to be expected.  I prefer a one piece head vs inserts anyways.

if you’re looking for a putter and price is an issue, you can’t go wrong with the Huntington Beach.

The putter I’m using right now is a Cleveland Huntington Beach 6. Last summer, we decided it was time to get me a new putter. I told my coach, and he said he’ll buy me one, as long as I show him and it’s at a decent price. At a course right down the road, they had that putter for $99. Told my coach, and he brought it to me a few days later. I’ve been putting really well with it, and I love it

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Thanks for the info.  Money is not really an issue but I don't think it's smart to pay $300 for a putter when the $99 dollar works just as well.  I couldn't tell the difference between it and the Ping. My main issue has always been distance control.  Thinking maybe the soft HB 1 will be the one I buy.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!