IGNORED

South Florida Scramble

Note: This thread is 1570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey folks.  I am organizing the third S.H.I.T. (slice and hook invitational tournament).  It is an 18 hole scramble format, and I am looking for input.  Last time we got together, we had a new face, and he is much better than the rest of the golfers. Nice guy, he is just a 3 handicap or something.  His team won by 7 strokes.  I want to introduce some rules to curb his advantage.  The format this time will probably be 3-somes, 15-20 players.

I am thinking about simply requiring that each player's drive be used at least twice per nine holes or that the player whose drive is selected can not hit the next shot (maybe both of these?).  My fear is that any more will mean annoying record-keeping and diminish the fun.  If you have experience with this, what has worked for you?

BTW, the date is Feb 23, venue pending.  It is a very low-key, fun-oriented, beer-optional affair.  At the moment we have room for two more. If you are interested, private message me.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm in a fairly big association. For our scramble events, the rules are one drive must be used from each player, but we also have a pretty diverse group of golfers as well.

Also, our top players will draft their teams and the order they pick will be randomly chosen. 

It isn't really possible to get perfectly balanced teams each time, but the luck of the draw is part of it and the captain's knowledge of the other players in the Association plays a big role. 

• Thumbs Up 1

About the best you can do is equalize the drives that must be used.  For 3 man teams, you could easily require 6 drives from each.  You can/should also do your best to even out the total team handicaps.  That means he’ll likely be paired with the 2 worst golfers.  Coupled with the drive requirements, that’ll help, at least a bit...

• Thumbs Up 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 1570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!