IGNORED

Grrrrrrr

extremeld
Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Which thread/post was this? I'd like to check it out.

I will link you too my two posts I *think* he is referring too

Edit, here are the two posts I think have hit this guys soft spot; Post 8 Post 26

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can hit the ball 350 all day long!

Where's your tour card? Or at least your permanent membership in the LDA?

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I will link you too my two posts I *think* he is referring too

It looks like he was talking more about lemay427's posts.

The whole "high weight/low reps" vs. "low weight/high reps" argument resulting in a "why comment if you don't know" comment. Something tells me you're gonna get an earful (eyeful?) in that thread when he logs back in Stay tuned!!

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

i was just venting as there is so much rubbish here and just plain wrong advice

i aint going to give a cv as some people feel they must - but on saturday

i drove a 410 yard hole and hit drive 5 iron to a 640 yard hole downwind -

i am not spouting based on what i have read this or heard - i have been offering thoughts on driving (thats my thing) and training (my thing also) from my experience - i can play golf and i can hit the ball further than any tour player - disagree on these subjects and i would like to know where you are coming from

and relax

I'm sure you realize you play a different game than 99.9% of us on this forum.
To be in the same league as long drive champs is not what people around here are aspiring to be. I'm long, by normal standards, but not 'LDC long'.

It's funny because I played with a fellow club member on Tuesday at a new golf course...he's an older gentleman with game, not a long hitter - just straight. He complimented me after the round saying he enjoyed watching me play and could only imagine hitting shots like me.

I imagine it would be interesting to play golf with you, watching these big drives. My only advice to you would be...keep 'em in play, otherwise I'm gonna get you.

What does "Handicap Index: 3 (once)" mean? Do you not carry a valid index?

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

There is quite a bit of bashing going on here and I think it is unnecessary...Hey "extremeld" I hear you...and what I think is affecting your blood pressure is a much deeper issue then just people possibly giving bad golf advice...it is this whole world of the internet, text messaging etc...thing.

Let me explain my point of view from the standpoint that I watched a speaker on CSPAN quite a few years back who was a Doctor (PHD) from Columbia University and he said he helped developed the internet and has been basically using it since 1965...go figure. He was basically speaking about the concerns of where the internet was going to lead us...now we all know that having information and communicating is a good thing but having the "right" information and communicating effectively is equally important. In his speech he compared the internet to the Federal highway system (both are infrastructures)...he said that one of the main reasons the federal government installed the highways system was to bring family’s closer together...they use to (I don't remember this as it was before my time) promote it by saying "just think your family is only a drive away”. Well the idea was a good one but in fact what has happened over time? Family’s have gotten further away from each other because in fact they can just go jump in their cars and drive four hours to where ever the other family member lives...so this Dr. was speaking trying to warn us about what the internet was going to ultimately supply to people and we should be careful about how we use it. I agree with freedom of speech and the internet has opened up freedom of typing (not speech)...like with golf facts how can you tell on this forum that someone is qualified to give or not give advice without seeing them swing or hearing the exactness in their voice...shoot anyone can read a book and regurgitate what they read as advice but any good golfer knows that knowing what to do and being able to execute it on a consistent basis can be two totally different things...So to "extremeld" point, I think we all need to be careful in how we use the information displayed on this forum and to one other posters point anyone can submit advice but what you do with that advice is up to you...whew! Clear as mud???

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

I do agree with those who feel handicap is a poor way to judge knowledge. As a person who took up golf after a serious closed head injury, basically a stroke. Changing from left to right handed and learning to play with my limitations I feel requires more understanding then most golfers with handicaps 3-6 strokes lower posses. Often the most talented in any sport are good because they posses the ability to perform without really being able to communicate how or sometimes reallly understand the why of what they do. How many great athletes are great teachers / coaches? New golfers often don't understand that there is more than one way to swing and that advice needs to apply to the body type, ablity and swing style others use. They are just excited and relating what they are discovering for themselves without broad enough experience to know who it applies to yet.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

are you kidding? Since when does your handicap have anything to do with your knowlege of the game?? My 65 year old father in law has been playing since he was 17 and has a HC in the 20s due to age in the joints. You couldn't hold his jock in any golf topic.

I know a lot of lower HC players who couldn't tell you anything other than what works for them. They couldnt tell you why or how they're good players. Just that they do what works for them.

Man, you're out there on this one...

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Let me explain my point of view from the standpoint that I watched a speaker on CSPAN quite a few years back who was a Doctor (PHD) from Columbia University and he said he helped developed the internet and has been basically using it since 1965...go figure. He was basically speaking about the concerns of where the internet was going to lead us...now we all know that having information and communicating is a good thing but having the "right" information and communicating effectively is equally important.

This is a big can of worms, but I will keep it short. Basically, with the introduction of Web 2.0 and user-generated content (see Wikipedia, Digg, etc), everybody from all different backgrounds can suddenly pretend to be an expert at whatever. Before this time, the only reading material out there was magazines and books which are all written by people that usually know what they are talking about and then editted by many people before they ever make it to print.

Nowadays, you can just go to Wikipedia and say that 90% of all are mentally retarded. Then this is passed off as fact until someone corrects it. The same principle applies to this forum. Don't believe everything you read here because there is no way to verify the "truthiness" of it. After time you will be able to recognize users that consistently give good suggestions and you can put more faith into the things they say. I believe the reputation points are an attempt to make this recognition easier. So much for keeping this short. I could talk all day about the topic of user-generated content.
In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

are you kidding? Since when does your handicap have anything to do with your knowlege of the game?? My 65 year old father in law has been playing since he was 17 and has a HC in the 20s due to age in the joints. You couldn't hold his jock in any golf topic.

Also, one could be very good at some aspect of the game but terrible in others. I once played with a woman who hit her driver 150 yards - straight. Every time. No practice swings. Her 3-Wood, 130 yards, straight. If she hit the green from afar - say, with a 3-wood, she was always down in at most two. If she missed the green from afar, she always got up and down - or chipped in. She shot a high score due to her lack of distance and had a high handicap accordingly. But I'd sure as hell take short game advice from her if it were offered!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i was just venting as there is so much rubbish here and just plain wrong advice

you sir, are a complete and utter liar. lay off the whiskey would be my advice.

you sir, are a complete and utter liar. lay off the whiskey would be my advice.

Its almost as if he believes that none of us have ever picked up a club before.... spouting off all kinds of yardages consistantly unreachable.

In my Bag:

Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Its almost as if he believes that none of us have ever picked up a club before.... spouting off all kinds of yardages consistantly unreachable.

I think a long hitter in the right circumstances could get that yardage semi-consistently. I think a more probable explanation relates to the vast quantity of 300 yard drivers that seem to land within 20 yards of my tee shot: people not knowing how far different distances really are.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think a long hitter in the right circumstances could get that yardage semi-consistently. I think a more probable explanation relates to the vast quantity of 300 yard drivers that seem to land within 20 yards of my tee shot: people not knowing how far different distances really are.

probably a lot of truth to that, but he said something like "i hit it 350 almost all the time".... and I shoot an 18 every time out...

In my Bag:

i studied golf as a subject in years 10-11 im in year 12 now. i did it at uni and got tought by the best coaches in australia on every part of the game getting 2-3 coaches each and doing 3 hours of theroy in the morning all golf related,
i hav a cert 2 in sport and rec, first aid and risk management.

but hey what do i no

your actually correct the hole is only 401 ! 3rd hole st andrews dukes course from the second back tee - par 5 is on the back nine and is 640 of the black.

if you have the technology go ahead and google earth it - it havent - both occasions i was centre of the green (not on it 5 yards to the right.)

had never played the course before - like i said downwind

my original post was about crap that is posted on here - the original post was a rant! - it was a rant and it is in the main how i feel about people who cant play golf offering advice based on whatever they read in last months golf mag - if you cant put all that knowledge into practice excepting medical conditions of course why would anyone listen to advice from the guy who cannot break 90 without finishing a few holes early.

does count if its in the trees - 350 is 350 and for the record i am pretty straight with the driver as thats the club i hit the most

- complete and utter liar? - so am i to understand that no one is allowed to hit the ball further than jb holmes? or must be compelled to play on the pga tour.

spouting off distances based on the card - at a course i hadnt played before - both holes are straight - and as i said downwind - i can hit 350 all day long only mentioned this as a response to other comments.

i aint irish so drop the e in whiskey thanks

k

Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!