IGNORED

My Swing (bwdial)

bwdial
Note: This thread is 1468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 30 years; sporadically
My current handicap index or average score is: 95-110
My typical ball flight is: straight
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: inconsistent contact

Finally! I'm finally posting a swing video because I'm finally getting serious about improvement.  When I make good contact, I tend to hit the ball pretty straight.  However, I tend to hit shots inconsistently, which leads to a lot of poor contact; mostly fat shots, that go half as far as they should.  Also, I'd like to hit the ball a bit longer, but then, don't we all want that?

Videos: 

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Do you play better when you look at the ball the whole time?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

sorry despicable me GIF

It's a bad habit that I picked up when I changed my takeaway.  I used to cock my wrists, which caused me to fan the clubface open.  I continually struggled to get it back to square, which of course led to high, weak shots that leaked right.  It's an unconscious thing I do to check that I'm not fanning it open.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

• Administrator

Well, yeah, but could you answer the question? 🙂

Or can you literally not not do that right now?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)

To be honest, I'm not sure... but I'm about to go out to the swinglab and work on it, along with today's drill.

Edited by bwdial

53 minutes ago, bwdial said:

To be honest, I'm not sure... but I'm about to go out to the swinglab and work on it, along with today's drill.

Love it!  I go to the ScriptLab to write TV commercial scripts... it's an early departure with laptop to my favorite lounge with just the right gin & tonic to kickstart the creative portions of my brain.  Unfortunately, all my cohorts at work are onto it.  They think I'm going out drinking... they just don't understand.  I'm writing with brain lubrication.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

I took a video from in front of me through the net to get a look as my hips and shoulders at impact, and I still have a lot of work to do.  My hips look like they are square to the target, and my shoulders look like they are even a bit closed.  I've been trying to work on my impact position without a ball indoors in order to break this habit.

• Thumbs Up 1

After working on Day 10's (I think) flow drill, I was really able to see a difference in my swing, and most importantly, my contact yesterday.  Today is a wash out because of weather, but I've been working on Day 12's "throwing" drill, and am looking forward to getting out and working tomorrow.

Note: This thread is 1468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!