IGNORED

Hello Everyone

ShaftFarmer
Note: This thread is 1375 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone!

Iowa golfer here. I golfed very consistently in high-school (about 8 years ago) but since haven't been able to get out consistently but am now trying to make a more conscious effort to get out more. Because of that, my game has basically stayed the same between then (around 12-15 handicap). I would really like to get down into the teens soon and I think I am headed that way with the swing changes I am implementing.

Excited to be here!

My Swing

Taylormade M1 | Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM7 54/58 | Taylormade Spider X

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TST! What changes have you made to your swing? How did you do it? Always helpful to hear other’s experiences! Cheers!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, ShaftFarmer said:

Hey everyone!

Iowa golfer here. I golfed very consistently in high-school (about 8 years ago) but since haven't been able to get out consistently but am now trying to make a more conscious effort to get out more. Because of that, my game has basically stayed the same between then (around 12-15 handicap). I would really like to get down into the teens soon and I think I am headed that way with the swing changes I am implementing.

Excited to be here!

Welcome to the forum. 
Lots of good stuff here. I lived in Iowa for 16 years. I was a member at Coldwater Links for a long time. I was actually their 20th member ever... so I've got that going for me... which is nice.

I also played a ton of Otter Creek. My wife and I had a home built on that course. If you are familiar with the course, we had the red house just off the 11th tee box built back when almost nothing was out there. Now its all built up, but back when we had the red house built there were maybe 5 houses on that course total. 

We moved out of Iowa almost 6 years ago now. But there are some pretty good golfers out there and some pretty great places to play. ... reasonably priced as well. 

Enjoy the forum.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

21 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Welcome to the forum. 
Lots of good stuff here. I lived in Iowa for 16 years. I was a member at Coldwater Links for a long time. I was actually their 20th member ever... so I've got that going for me... which is nice.

I also played a ton of Otter Creek. My wife and I had a home built on that course. If you are familiar with the course, we had the red house just off the 11th tee box built back when almost nothing was out there. Now its all built up, but back when we had the red house built there were maybe 5 houses on that course total. 

We moved out of Iowa almost 6 years ago now. But there are some pretty good golfers out there and some pretty great places to play. ... reasonably priced as well. 

Enjoy the forum.

Nice to meet ya! I live around the Cedar Rapids area so don't get to Des Moines often but I did just golf Waveland. I swear 80% of my shots were totally blind with all the hills but played the back really well and shot an 83. When I was in high school I got to golf Amana and Blue Top Ridge which was super nice!

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Taylormade M1 | Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM7 54/58 | Taylormade Spider X

35 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Welcome to TST! What changes have you made to your swing? How did you do it? Always helpful to hear other’s experiences! Cheers!

Thank you! A few of the things I've been working on is:

1. Making more of a shoulder turn and trying to "steepen" it out a bit as often my shoulders are too flat at the top

2. More of a shallow downswing and trying to keep my arms/hands more in front of me as opposed to "yanking" my front shoulder at the beginning of my downswing and causing my hands to move too much towards the ball (this one has been tough!)

During the quarantine I've been watching a lot of Mike Malaska's videos on youtube

My Swing

Note: This thread is 1375 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!