IGNORED

My Swing (Vincanity1990)

vincanity1990
Note: This thread is 1374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: Let's say 4 years
My current handicap index or average score is: I shoot in the high 40s on my local and easy 9-hole course, but my score balloons over 100 whenever I play 18 holes elsewhere. 
My typical ball flight is: Draw or hook
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Inconsistent contact (topping, hitting fat, getting "stuck"), and often hit my hybrid right and my driver hooking hard left (go figure?) 

All critique/advice very welcome. I spent a couple of years with WAY too much shaft lean. I corrected that roughly 6 months ago with great results. I was hitting my irons straight and long consistently for a couple of months at least. Then I improved my driver swing recently with the "Low and Slow" swing thought, only to completely lose any proficiency I felt I had with my irons. As I mentioned above, I've been shooting in the high 40s (47, 48) in my local 9-hole muni, but everything falls apart when I play 18 holes. 

Apologies for three things: (1) the video angles are far from perfect, (2) I'm clearly not flexible at all, and (3) I believe I'm using an iron in the rear video but my hybrid in the front video. 

Sincere thanks in advance for your time/help. 

Videos: 

Welcome to The Sand Trap. Have the down the line view lined up along you to line. That helps us we you positions a bit better.

I recommend looking at the thread below and work on the full swing drills.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Hi All, 

Here is a better-aligned video from the rear. My impression is that I'm way too steep on the downswing and that my forward weight shift sucks. Would love any critique/advice. 

Thanks again. 

Edited by billchao
Embedded video

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Also wouldn't be a bad idea to trim those videos up a bit!

As far as your swing you are definitely too steep on the downswing. I've been playing golf for 17 years and still have this problem haha. On your transition, try to activate your hips more.

I recommend checking out what @boogielicious linked and following the drills outlined in those videos

My Swing

Taylormade M1 | Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM7 54/58 | Taylormade Spider X

Note: This thread is 1374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!