IGNORED

Multiperson Lessons

Note: This thread is 1365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My girlfriend's brother and I are looking into doing lessons together as a couple courses in the area offer this option for a much lower price per person. He is very new to the game as he only began golfing after hearing me talk about it so much, so there is a pretty big experience/ability discrepancy, but I assume the instructor would be able to work with us on individual issues.

Does anyone have any experience doing lessons like these (regardless of whether the experience gap was similar or not)?

Justin

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Draw 11* Evenflow Blue 65 X

Fairway Wood: :callaway: Epic Flash 5 Wood 18* Tensei Blue AV 75 X
Irons: :titleist: AP3 4-PW Project X 6.5   |   Wedges: :callaway: MD4 50*/56*/60*
Putter: :odyssey: O-Works Tank #1

My Swing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

It is tough on the instructor and the students. Both students often feel guilty that they’re taking time away from the others and the instructor not only has to try to watch two people, keep two to four things in mind, but also manage time a bunch.

I dint recommend them unless somehow it’s actually 60% or less for two people. 35% for three.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I took a few 60min private lessons before with my husband. I was a beginner, he wasn’t. We split the lessons - 30min for me, 30min for him.  Worked out well with us and the instructor.

I have also taken some workshop type lessons. Only 3 students but everyone was different levels and the instructor spent time with each of us. It was distracting to have him rotate between us and I felt I didn’t get anything out of these lessons.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

30min for me, 30min for him.

That is a good way to go. Have the better player go first too so they can hit after. They might have a question, and the newer player won’t get overwhelmed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

It is tough on the instructor and the students. Both students often feel guilty that they’re taking time away from the others and the instructor not only has to try to watch two people, keep two to four things in mind, but also manage time a bunch.

I dint recommend them unless somehow it’s actually 60% or less for two people. 35% for three.

Yeah, it's a pretty solid discount, that's the main reason I was looking into it.

11 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

I took a few 60min private lessons before with my husband. I was a beginner, he wasn’t. We split the lessons - 30min for me, 30min for him.  Worked out well with us and the instructor.

I have also taken some workshop type lessons. Only 3 students but everyone was different levels and the instructor spent time with each of us. It was distracting to have him rotate between us and I felt I didn’t get anything out of these lessons.

Thanks, I like that idea of splitting the lesson and I may bring it up because that other scenario is exactly what I'm concerned about.

Justin

Irons: :titleist: AP3 4-PW Project X 6.5   |   Wedges: :callaway: MD4 50*/56*/60*

My Swing

I think for the very novice, beginning golfer multi student lessons are an ok deal. It's a good way to get started I think. It saves a little money, and gives the beginning golfer a idea of what to expect should they want to continue with the game at a higher level. 

I also think that for the serious golfer, long term, individual instruction is still the best way to go if the golfer can find the right instructor. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2020 at 4:45 PM, FlyingAce said:

On 7/18/2020 at 4:51 PM, iacas said:

That is a good way to go. Have the better player go first too so they can hit after. They might have a question, and the newer player won’t get overwhelmed.

Thanks for the advice. This is what we ended up doing and I think it worked out pretty well. I went first and then was able to work on some stuff during the other lesson.

• Like 1

Justin

My Swing

Note: This thread is 1365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!