IGNORED

Ping i3+ (Feedback)

Jabberwocky
Note: This thread is 1333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just purchased a set of Ping i3+ from a wonderful seller on eBay who kept them in Bristol new-like condition. I played Ping Eye2s for many years until the airline lost my golf bag a decade ago and have since bounced around 4 of the other major club manufactures (don’t want to share anything negative about them on the Forum). None of the other irons have given me the same pleasant feel of the old Ping Eye2s. Any feedback on your experience playing the i3+ would be great. 

Is those the ones that came after i3? 

I had the i3 oversized. It it wasnt for the weight of them would probably still use them. Very informative on where you hit and great feel from sweetspot. Went high and stopped where they landed with the square grooves. The weight made me struggle with the long irons though. 

10 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Just purchased a set of Ping i3+ from a wonderful seller on eBay who kept them in Bristol new-like condition. I played Ping Eye2s for many years until the airline lost my golf bag a decade ago and have since bounced around 4 of the other major club manufactures (don’t want to share anything negative about them on the Forum). None of the other irons have given me the same pleasant feel of the old Ping Eye2s. Any feedback on your experience playing the i3+ would be great. 

So why not just get the Ping Eye2’s? They’re all over Ebay.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the responses. Yes, the Eye2s can be purchased at a good price on eBay. Several of my friends play the i3+ and love them.  One of them played some of the newer Pings and went back to i3+. Since neither club set will break the bank will see how I get on for the rest of the year with the i3+s as can always revert to the Eye 2s. Will share feedback on my experience. Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

Have now played 5 rounds with the Ping i3+ iron set I acquired on eBay.  They actually remind of the later model Ping G2 which I played some years back. The feel of the ball coming off the club head is similar to the G2s (for me personally). Really enjoying these irons. A bit of lost distance versus my other iron set (Edels; not single length irons) so I adjust down one club to compensate which is just fine. Overall I am hitting them straight down the chute. Fun fun.

Note: This thread is 1333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!