IGNORED

Crazy Broken Driver!

Note: This thread is 1331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So this past Saturday I was playing in a company scramble at a super nice course far out of my price range. They had a beautiful range that I spent a good amount of time on before the round. I hit probably 10-15 shots with my G400 MAX and the last few I hit terribly, just a gross ball flight and very short. I write it off as you just suck and its going to be a long day. We get up to the first tee and I whip it out take about two steps towards the tee box and look down to see the gnarliest crack imaginable. I let out a pretty loud "what the fu**"  to the surprise of the two some I had just met. They come take a look and we all were pretty impressed by the damage. 

Silver lining is that I contacted a retailer and said there shouldn't be any issue having it replaced I just really hope they upgrade me to the G410!

broken driver.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Crazy Broken Driver!
  • Administrator

PING should be able to get you the same clubhead. They keep the same heads on stock for a few years.

The "upgrade" might play worse for you.

And… you didn't notice this crack on the range?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I heard that model is not all that it's cracked up to be. I had to say it. 

With that said, they should be able to take care of it and if you call them, tell them you have access to a great forum where you can give them great kudos for the wonderful customer service. That may not get you anything but its worth a try. Good luck! 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

3 hours ago, Lugowskins said:

10-15 shots with my G400 MAX

Silver lining is that I contacted a retailer and said there shouldn't be any issue having it replaced I just really hope they upgrade me to the G410!

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one, and you assume everybody else's stinks... But I'd rather have the G400 Max then any of the G410's. I'm no fan of the left right sliding weight concept. 

Again, just one man's opinion. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, TourSpoon said:

I heard that model is not all that it's cracked up to be. I had to say it. 

With that said, they should be able to take care of it and if you call them, tell them you have access to a great forum where you can give them great kudos for the wonderful customer service. That may not get you anything but its worth a try. Good luck! 

I gotta tell you, man, sometimes you crack me up. 😜

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 hour ago, iacas said:

PING should be able to get you the same clubhead. They keep the same heads on stock for a few years.

The "upgrade" might play worse for you.

And… you didn't notice this crack on the range?

I wasn't fitted for it. My best friend plays the stock 410 both have the Ping tour 75 shaft in them. I've swung it a dozen times or so over the past month and didn't notice much difference. Looks the same ball flight wise and didn't notice any considerable distance changes. Only real difference I noticed were the acoustics were much nicer. I didn't think I would prefer the "deader" sound but I do. Even so 

I did not notice it on the range, obviously. As i said I had some crappy shots, which isn't out of the ordinary, chalked em up to my swing put it back in the bag and didn't touch it again until the first tee. 

24 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one, and you assume everybody else's stinks... But I'd rather have the G400 Max then any of the G410's. I'm no fan of the left right sliding weight concept. 

Again, just one man's opinion. 

My friend has a 410 and I like it quite a bit I'm not much of a tinkerer so the sliding weights don't bother me. And hell, if I do get the upgrade and don't like it I could just sell it, buy a new G400 max and pocket the extra cash lol

• Like 1

You might not pocket any extra cash... I haven’t been to a store in a while to see what’s up with prices but I know in the spring the price of the G400 line was down except for the G400max which was still at $399.  Now I hear they lowered the price on the g410.  So the max and the 410 might be the same price now.

IMHO, although the acoustics are better on the g410, the Max is just a superior clubhead.  I own 2 of them and had a demo 410 for a while.

Edited by Typhoon92
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

IMHO, although the acoustics are better on the g410, the Max is just a superior clubhead.  I own 2 of them and had a demo 410 for a while.

This 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Note: This thread is 1331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!