IGNORED

What Other Heads Will Fit a Cobra Amp Cell Adapter?

Note: This thread is 1319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As the title, I've got a shaft with adapter that will fit the Cobra Amp Cell, and can't find if any other heads fit this .350 adapter size

I've tried it in an F6 and it doesn't fit and looks like anything since then all has the same adapter - anyone know if it will fit in the Fly-Z or anything else?

Cheers

Edited by Squeakycretin

• iacas changed the title to What Other Heads Will Fit a Cobra Amp Cell Adapter?

I've had the same problem, even within the Amp Cell line.

I have one Amp Cell driver with 6 adjustments on the hosel. I bought a second Amp Cell driver to get the senior flex shaft cheaper than buying the shaft would be, but when it arrived, the 2 connectors are very different. The second driver had an open, closed and neutral setting, nothing else.

If you get into the newer Cobra drivers, you will find there are some that you can swap from model to model, but I know what you are going to say... and I agree... The Amp Cell feels so much better than anything Cobra has made since then.

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

23 minutes ago, DennisMiller said:

I've had the same problem, even within the Amp Cell line.

I have one Amp Cell driver with 6 adjustments on the hosel. I bought a second Amp Cell driver to get the senior flex shaft cheaper than buying the shaft would be, but when it arrived, the 2 connectors are very different. The second driver had an open, closed and neutral setting, nothing else.

If you get into the newer Cobra drivers, you will find there are some that you can swap from model to model, but I know what you are going to say... and I agree... The Amp Cell feels so much better than anything Cobra has made since then.

For the golf consumer it would be great if manufacturers would standardize the driver hosel configuration.  But alas, I currently am a Callaway guy so I can only buy Callaway heads or Callaway shafts to go with what I already have, unless I want to play with glue.

I agree, but at the same time, I'm sure the individual marketing departments are looking at every single detail, including the connector, to make some point why their brand is better.

I might burn the connector out of the regular flex shaft so I can use the senior flex. I have no doubt which is better for me, but otherwise, I wouldn't risk messing up a shaft. I do have a heat gun, so as opposed to a torch, I could probably just burn one hand instead of both.  ;-)

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

Yes, it's aggravating the changes.

The Cobra open\ std\ closed is from the Encore Zl???? Series.

I had some Amp Cell fwy woods, but can't recall all the differences.

Right now, my woods are all Callaway.

The Epic Flash 3 wood uses a special ' Short' adapter. It has a built in ferrule. Supposedly, it lowers center of gravity on the shorter head.

A couple of years ago, the Taylormade adapters haunted me.

Edited by Jackal1966

Note: This thread is 1319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!