IGNORED

Are More LPGA Players Using Radar?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This may be anecdotal, but there was a time when I didn't see many radars/launch monitors on the LPGA tour ranges, more in social media accounts of LPGA player teachers/practicing. Now I think I am seeing more on the range, a la the PGA tour. Has there been a slow change or am I just seeing this through the scope of Trackman advertising?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Yeah, as they get more money in the game, they start to also splurge on things like this.

Also, it could be:

• A Trackman data gathering session.
  • The club's, which they're loaning out to a few people.
  • An instructor's, which he's sharing.
  • A group Trackman partially owned by several players.
  • Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I wonder if it Trackman and Flightscope archive launch monitor data from LPGA players for informational, historical, research purposes, or to sell it. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I wonder if it Trackman and Flightscope archive launch monitor data from LPGA players for informational, historical, research purposes, or to sell it. 

As part of the discount they get, they have to give Trackman their data. I think it may be anonymized somewhat, and FlightScope may have a similar deal.

• Informative 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

As part of the discount they get, they have to give Trackman their data. I think it may be anonymized somewhat, and FlightScope may have a similar deal.

That's smart.  Seems a bit tedious to the player though if they have to track it and send it.  Or is the data auto collected and sent to the cloud or something or other?  

• Administrator
Just now, ncates00 said:

That's smart.  Seems a bit tedious to the player though if they have to track it and send it.  Or is the data auto collected and sent to the cloud or something or other?  

They all have online accounts.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how much the price point of the new Mevo makes it a “no brainer” for LPGA players purchase it. Or do they prefer the full monty of all the data from a full featured unit. 

I guess getting the data from them also may serve as kind of beta testing?

Steve

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I wonder how much the price point of the new Mevo makes it a “no brainer” for LPGA players purchase it. Or do they prefer the full monty of all the data from a full featured unit. 

I guess getting the data from them also may serve as kind of beta testing?

I'm sure some LPGA pros have a cheap Mevo for 'hit and giggles'...but we're talking about the best female golfers in the world...they'd want more detailed info coming from Trackman or the like.

Edited by Mr22putt
  • Like 1

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

I'm sure some LPGA pros have a cheap Mevo for 'hit and giggles'...but we're talking about the best female golfers in the world...they'd want more detailed info coming from Trackman or the like.

Sure, but only about 30 of them make any actual money.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:49 PM, nevets88 said:

This may be anecdotal, but there was a time when I didn't see many radars/launch monitors on the LPGA tour ranges, more in social media accounts of LPGA player teachers/practicing. Now I think I am seeing more on the range, a la the PGA tour. Has there been a slow change or am I just seeing this through the scope of Trackman advertising?

FYI.....Popov who has struggled financially for years as a pro golfer....used her recent WBO winnings to buy a Trackman.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/sophia-popovs-one-major-expense-and-her-return-major-competition

• Informative 1

You just won the [insert major here]. What are you going to do?

I'm going to Disney L...

I'm buying a launch monitor!

Steve

• 7 months later...

Chalk one up for Christina Kim?

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Note: This thread is 1078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!