IGNORED

Rain Gear Fitment

Note: This thread is 1275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have never really had "rain gear" other than a short sleeve pullover that I was given. I have a chance to get Foot Joy stuff at 50% off, but I am not sure how to size the stuff. We have a local Dick's but the last time I was in there, the selection was VERY limited on rain gear and I am sure it doesn't all fit the same. Any suggestions? Should I just try on what Dick's has and go by that, even if it is a different brand?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would suggest verifying the size in some way first if you are unable to try it on.  I ended up buying a mis-matched size raingear of a different brand with the top being my normal jacket size, but the bottom a size smaller.

Foot joy seems to have the waist sizes posted here: 

Keep warm & dry with men's golf rain pants from FootJoy, with an elastic waistband & waterproof protection. Shop FootJoy rain pants today!

I just tried on a Footjoy rain jacket and then ordered the Footjoy wind shirt in s/s that sized the exact same way. The wind shirt is water repellent and did very well the other day. I am a large all day long in T-shirts, golf polos (Greg Norman, UA, Nike, Ashworth) and the large in Footjoy was perfect. The Adidas was an XL. I cannot help you with the pants but the tops were perfect.

How can we all get 50% off? Hook a brother up! 

Edited by TourSpoon
sp

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

18 minutes ago, weberd27 said:

I would suggest verifying the size in some way first if you are unable to try it on.  I ended up buying a mis-matched size raingear of a different brand with the top being my normal jacket size, but the bottom a size smaller.

Foot joy seems to have the waist sizes posted here: 

Keep warm & dry with men's golf rain pants from FootJoy, with an elastic waistband & waterproof protection. Shop FootJoy rain pants today!

Yeah, I have looked at the size charts but my worry is, should I size up some considering the gear will be worn over my regular golf clothing?

4 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

I just tried on a Footjoy rain jacket and then ordered the Footjoy wind shirt in s/s that sized the exact same way. The wind shirt is water repellent and did very well the other day. I am a large all day long in T-shirts, golf polos (Greg Norman, UA, Nike, Ashworth) and the large in Footjoy was perfect. The Adidas was an XL. I cannot help you with the pants but the tops were perfect.

How can we all get 50% off? Hook a brother up! 

That's good to know. Thanks. Haha. I hear you on the hookup. I have an extended connection so I'm not sure I'd be a good hookup

Bryan A

2 minutes ago, TN94z said:

That's good to know. Thanks. Haha. I hear you on the hookup. I have an extended connection so I'm not sure I'd be a good hookup

*Only for people that gave you helpful information in a timely manner deserve said hookup. 🤣

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I see that there are drawstrings and size adjustments on the pants, so maybe my post was a bit premature. I was mainly concerned about it being worn over existing clothing and the size. Thanks guys!

2 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

*Only for people that gave you helpful information in a timely manner deserve said hookup. 🤣

Haha!

Bryan A

• iacas changed the title to Rain Gear Fitment

The Footjoy rain pants are huge. Not a good fit in my opinion. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

12 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

The Footjoy rain pants are huge. Not a good fit in my opinion. 

Things like this are why I initially brought the question up. I have nowhere to try these on. I spoke with FootJoy and they stated that you buy according to your normal waist size but that those sizes are made with the assumption that they are going over the top of your golf clothing and are sized a bit bigger

Bryan A

I am 6’1 and the large would fit someone 6’5. For the price I did not like the fit or frumpy look.  What other brands are you looking into? 

@TN94z check out Linksoul. I ended up buying the rain pants and jacket in large. They have adjustable length with buttons inside to make shorter, draw string and a zip fly you know just in case nature calls without having to pull down. I am a fan. 

• Like 1

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

As someone who plays roughly 6 month of the year with rain gear I feel qualified to say, most, if not all rain gear is an enormous struggle to fit. 

Let’s start with pants. They are ALWAYS too long with a waist that is not matching, usually too small. Foot-Joys pants are lousy elastic in the waist and I have to wear a clip at the bottom to avoid dragging my pants all over the golf course. Nike has the best in my opinion. Sizing is easier and not ridiculously long length. 

Jackets rarely offer much “give”. Most are hard to swing in. I have purchased the $250 top of the line, same problem. I recommend undersizing as many of the good brands will do a fair amount of stretching. Foot-Joy when undersized is good, also I like Nike undersized also. Nike has quite a bit of give and is the best in my opinion.  I also have an Under Armour that gives nicely too. 

I don’t like pullovers but that is probably personal preference. Hard to get on and off easily. Don’t get me started on zippers. Foot-Joy has nice zippers, everyone skimps there and it is the first place the jacket begins to break down. 

Michael

@mchepp I agree. Rain gear is a pain in the ass to fit length wise for pants and Jackets pure preference zip or pullover. Not sure I agree about the undersize in jackets. Undersize could equal shorter arm length on jacket or pullover. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

12 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I am 6’1 and the large would fit someone 6’5. For the price I did not like the fit or frumpy look.  What other brands are you looking into? 

@TN94z check out Linksoul. I ended up buying the rain pants and jacket in large. They have adjustable length with buttons inside to make shorter, draw string and a zip fly you know just in case nature calls without having to pull down. I am a fan. 

I'd like to stick with FootJoy because of the discount. We don't play in the rain much but I am about to the point where I want to play some competitive rounds again and I want something just in case. This was a cheap way to accomplish that.

So undersizing in Foot Joy, I normally wear a 34 waist. Their medium is 32-34 with a 31 inseam (I normally wear 30 inseam). Are you guys saying I should go with a small?

Bryan A

5 hours ago, TN94z said:

So undersizing in Foot Joy, I normally wear a 34 waist. Their medium is 32-34 with a 31 inseam (I normally wear 30 inseam). Are you guys saying I should go with a small?

If you stay with Footjoy stay with the medium. It will likely be a bit long, but the elastic is so bad better to go with the proper sizing.

Michael

On 10/21/2020 at 1:33 PM, mchepp said:

If you stay with Footjoy stay with the medium. It will likely be a bit long, but the elastic is so bad better to go with the proper sizing.

I actually found an old pair of rain pants at the house. So I may just buy a jacket only and use the pants that I have. i don't play in rain very often but I thought it would be a good idea to grab the gear while it was cheap.

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 1275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!