IGNORED

Hogan or Snead: WHos swing did you like more

r7 425
Note: This thread is 5904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Whos Swing did you like more?

• Hogan
    • Snead

Whos swing did you like the most. I really liked sneads with the club laid off at the top of the swing-then he would just throw his body at the ball -his rotation was fun to watch

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Hogan - Something about Hogan's OCD approach to golf always intrigued me.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Hogan. One plane, great tempo.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Hogan. One plane, great tempo.

I thought hogan said the plane on the downswing was different from that on our backswing... more in to out because of the move with your hips.

Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Hogan. I think he was the only one ever to be truly in control of his swing.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Wow thats tough.

Hogan for his immaculate understanding and near machanical perfection with his swing.

But Snead had one of the smoothest tempos that I have ever watched and have studied both thoroughly...

I'm stuck

Edit:
I'll vote Hogan because I trust him with my irons

In My Bag:
Driver: r580XD R flex
3 Wood: Mac Burrows 13*
Irons: Apex 2 iron
Irons: Edge 3-E ('89-92)Wedge: rac TP Satin 56*12Wedge: rac TP Black 60*06Putter: CER Milled CP03 (GolfWorks custom head)Ball: Pro V1 or any other found premimum ball

Hogan - this is a no brainer for me. Watching footage of him swing is like poetry in motion. Effortless with full control.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I have to admit, that these two swings are the antithesis of the "mechanical" swing versus the "feel" swing.

I have read all of Mr. Hogan’s books, and I watch ANYTHING on TV that might have him in it. But for me, that really weak grip and that ultra FLAT swing plane just don't fit my eye.

Mr. Snead on the other hand had that beautiful rhythm and grace in his golf swing. They were BOTH classy dressers, but NEITHER could putt worth a lick!!

i love the way Hogan lays the club off on the downswing and uses his immense co ordinatrion to get the club back in sync!...Sergio Garcia does this.

It just goes to show that in a golf the most important thing is the 3 feet before and after impact. I find swings that are utterly textbook boring.

Just looking at a couple of videos on youtube, it looks like Hogans lower body was more quite in his back swing than Snead. His hips didn't turn as much and his left foot stays on the ground. These are things that I have been working on so I voted Hogan.
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

hands down Hogan....read his book and it makes sense too :D
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Note: This thread is 5904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!