IGNORED

Mat for Hitting Net

Thomas_P14
Note: This thread is 1212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For Christmas this year I got a hitting net it is very nice and I will get a lot of good use out of it. I do, however, need a mat to hit off of or else I will destroy my front yard. The first time I used it I had a mat that came with my chippo game but that only lasted about 10 or less full shots until it got a hole in it. Does anyone recommend any mats they have used for their simulators or nets that have stood the test of time? I tried looking at Dicks but everything there has horrible reviews and I’d rather spend extra money to get something that will hold up

21 minutes ago, Thomas_P14 said:

I do, however, need a mat to hit off of or else I will destroy my front yard.

Yards are overrated. 

Let's face it, you'll save a heck of a lot time on mowing the damn thing if you just drop the ole hammer on it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, mcanadiens said:

Yards are overrated. 

Let's face it, you'll save a heck of a lot time on mowing the damn thing if you just drop the ole hammer on it.

Although true but I’ll have a heck of a time going through a divorce when my wife leaves me after destroying the yard lol 

50 minutes ago, Thomas_P14 said:

For Christmas this year I got a hitting net it is very nice and I will get a lot of good use out of it. I do, however, need a mat to hit off of or else I will destroy my front yard. The first time I used it I had a mat that came with my chippo game but that only lasted about 10 or less full shots until it got a hole in it. Does anyone recommend any mats they have used for their simulators or nets that have stood the test of time? I tried looking at Dicks but everything there has horrible reviews and I’d rather spend extra money to get something that will hold up

I’ve had the Reel Feel mat for three years and it barely shows wear. I have the 20 x 30” one (actually two of them) and built a stance platform to match the 1.5” height.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 hours ago, Thomas_P14 said:

Although true but I’ll have a heck of a time going through a divorce when my wife leaves me after destroying the yard lol 

That attached to it is she? Yeah. Divorce is never cheap. 

Careful with those stupid mats. Made a big mistake a few years ago of hitting off them for a few weeks in the cold months. First time on course, I damn near shattered my wrists on fat shots.

Edited by mcanadiens
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

That attached to it is she? Yeah. Divorce is never cheap. 

Careful with those stupid mats. Made a big mistake a few years ago of hitting off them for a few weeks in the cold months. First time on course, I damn near shattered my wrists on fat shots.

Good point. I’ve had some mats that were terrible. The Real Feel is pretty thick.

True Strike golf mats are great too, but pricey.

Best-Golf-Hitting-Mats-SM2.png

True Strike is the best synthetic golf hitting experience you will ever have, period. Once you hit off a True Strike, you won't hit off any other golf mat.

Scott

My Swing Thread

18 hours ago, Thomas_P14 said:

This is a great way to get a new yard. Fill the divots with sand/seed mixture and you will have a brand new lawn before you know it. That should get you bonus points with the wifey.

Follow me for more marriage/relationship tips.

🤣

2 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Well stop hitting the ball fat. Problem Solved.

• Funny 1

- Shane

35 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Well stop hitting the ball fat. Problem Solved.

That's sort of the point. The mat offers no punishment for a fat shot, so its too easy to get in that habit when you are hitting off those things.

Edited by mcanadiens

15 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

That's sort of the point. The mat offers no punishment for a fat shot, so its too easy to get in that habit when you are hitting off those things.

I can feel/hear when I hit one fat from mat. The shot may turn out better, but you can tell.

• Like 1

- Shane

2 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

FWIW, I can tell a fat shot on the Real Feel mat. There is a crispness to a well struck shot. A fat shot, even slightly fat, has a duller feel.

Scott

My Swing Thread

28 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

FWIW, I can tell a fat shot on the Real Feel mat. There is a crispness to a well struck shot. A fat shot, even slightly fat, has a duller feel.

That's the problem. @mcanadiens has yet to hit a well struck shot. 😋

I have never hit from a Real Feel mat, but it sounds like that is definitely the way to go.

• Funny 1

- Shane

Note: This thread is 1212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!