IGNORED

Senior Swing Speed

ThumbtackR9
Note: This thread is 1196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wondering what some of you seniors have for a swing speed.  I turned 74 back in August.  Just started back playing some.  Was playing regular shafts.  I bought a used driver off ebay.  It a Cobra with 11.5 loft and a senior shaft.  I have read seniors probably need a little more loft.  From the length of my drives  I figure my swing speed is somewhere between 75 and 80 with the driver.

The driver was sold as 46".  I checked the swing weight.  It was D4.  I didn't  feel good with the length.  I cut it off 1 1/8".  It had a standard 50 gram grip on it.  I put one wrap of tape and then added another 4 inches on the head end of the grip and them put a 50 gram grip back on.  It now has between C9 and Do swingweight.  I have hit it yet bet it feels good swinging it.

Also bought a set of single length irons to try.  Want to just try them.

• Administrator

I suspect you’re going to have some trouble with the single length clubs compressing your yardage range at lower swing speeds.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I suspect you’re going to have some trouble with the single length clubs compressing your yardage range at lower swing speeds.

That's a very good point.  I need to keep that in mind, myself.

I’m 66 and was 85-87 with my regular shaft driver, I bought a new B21 this year with Calloway's lighter senior shaft and am closing in on 91-92

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

61. Last month, I started out swinging the driver (SLDR 12 degree) at 101.  About 40 balls later I was at 111-113.  I know my speeds vary even more on days the arthritis is really acting up. I've had days I bet I didn't break 90.

I'm 63. I was using a 12 degree driver with a senior flex shaft. The ball ballooned to much and I had too much dispersion. I have changed the shaft to a slightly heavier shaft in stiff flex and gotten much better results.

Note: This thread is 1196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!