IGNORED

Discussion on Golfbreaks.Com

StuM
Note: This thread is 1166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

While watching the Waste Management today I saw an add for "Golfbreaks.com" which promoted golf vacations at good prices.  I looked at the website but none of the destinations are places I had visited so no easy comparison on cost, etc. without more research.  I am curious if any of you had used Golfbreaks.com and had any input.  After all, I'm always open to getting good deals and visiting new places and golfing all at the same time.  It says they have been around since 1998 but this is the first I ever heard of it.

Across the pond or closer to home, book a customized golf package or golf vacation with Golfbreaks by PGA TOUR, the golf travel experts since 1998

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Are most of the destinations in the U.S.? I’ve always found that within the U.S. you can just book your own stuff. Trips to Scotland, etc. are often best booked through an agency of some kind, as they know a lot more about how stuff works.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Are most of the destinations in the U.S.? I’ve always found that within the U.S. you can just book your own stuff. Trips to Scotland, etc. are often best booked through an agency of some kind, as they know a lot more about how stuff works.

They list some in outside the US such as the UK, Ireland, Scotland, Caribbean and a few others.  They only listed 7 states in the US.

I've usually booked my own (All in the US) but was thinking maybe this might offer something.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Interesting, I checked out some Scotland trips and yes it does appear to be a lot cheaper than what we did on our own. I would not enjoy being in a group riding van/tiny bus around to courses. We saw several at a few of courses we played, but I did not specifically read that this is their SOP. I still like just being on our own and maybe making last minute changes due to weather or crowds, we did have one hotel make a couple local bookings in Dornach otherwise I made all our own reservations, and tee times. But I’ve never tried this, it’s hard to imagine a bad golf trip. 

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

I also like flexibility, I’ve never done a group tour thing other than an excursion while on a cruise.

Stuart M.

10 hours ago, iSank said:

Interesting, I checked out some Scotland trips and yes it does appear to be a lot cheaper than what we did on our own

They're pretty vague on what is included, or which dates the quoted price applies to.  The prices don't seem to include any transportation as far as I can tell, only lodging and golf.  They definitely DO show some packages that include lesser-known courses, and at least one or two less-luxurious hotels, which isn't common in the golf travel industry.  I only took a quick look, but I didn't see anything you couldn't do on your own, and I'd bet that if you compare prices for desirable times of year, you could do it cheaper on your own.  Like most trip operators, they seem to want to get in direct contact with you before you really see any details.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 1166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!