IGNORED

Ocean City, MD

Has anyone booked a 4 some weekend trip to Ocean City Maryland? Did you use any of the trip planners such as Pams to do so? I have never booked or gone on a golf vacation before and would love some tips. Would be looking to go in Mid April possibly early may. 4 golfers who are looking to play at least 3 rounds and stay the weekend. Friday, Saturday and a round before we head home. We would be driving from NY. Nice hotel and or condo good meals and night life. 

• iacas changed the title to Ocean City, MD

I went last summer with three friends. I can't really help you on the non-golf stuff - we stayed in an AirBnB and it not much of the nightlife stuff was open. For golf, we played once on the drive down in Newark, Delaware, then in Ocean City we played the Links at Lighthouse Sound and Eagle's Landing. 

Links at Lighthouse Sound was really cool. Right on the water, great views, lots of variety. Eagles Landing was also cool, but around the 8th hole it started torrentially downpouring. We didn't have anything better to do so we stuck it out for a few more holes, but by the time we got to the 11th the entire course was saturated. (I actually half expected the guys in the pro shop to be mad at us for still trying to play in the rain, maybe they thought we would rip the course up or something, but they actually got a kick out of it and gave us rain checks.) Anyway, the first 11 holes we fun. 

When I was researching the area, those were the two places that stuck out to me, but it did seem like there was a good amount of decent golf nearby. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I live in the area and have played all the courses multiple times.  As far as places to stay I wouldn't worry about where you stay so much as looking for the best deal. You might price out your own trip; lots of off-season hotel deals. A good central location to stay would be Bethany Beach, DE; not far from OC.

Check out Ruark Golf - manages Links at Lighthouse Sound, Rum Pointe, and 36 holes at Glen Riddle. They also have packages: 

golf-course-aerial.jpg

Ruark Golf offers the best golf courses in Ocean City Maryland. Enjoy playing championship courses Links at Lighthouse Sound, Rum Pointe, GlenRiddle & More!

If coming from NY you might consider driving to Atlantic City, playing 1 round there , then catching the Ferry to Delaware. Three great choices for golf: Atlantic City CC; Twisted Dunes; Seaview Resort-Bay Course (Ross design - home of LPGA event). You could also play here on the way home. 

In Delaware you have Bear Trap Dunes, Bayside Resort, Baywood Greens, Plantation Lakes - all accessible to non-members. All worthy of playing.

If you need additional information feel free to contact me for Restaurant options etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Until 2020, my group of twelve or so has made the trip to OCMD for an extended weekend of golf (and beer) lol.

I used to book everything myself using travel websites, etc....   then a buddy recommended RUARK golf. 

Make the call. It will end up being cheaper than anything you could find on your own and they have access to booking any course for you in OCMD. And it is SOOO much easier.

RUM Pointe is the crown jewel (but most pricey), followed closely by Lighthouse Sound.