IGNORED

Ever Broken Par?

Borf
Note: This thread is 2932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 members have voted

1. 1. What is your best round?

• Over par
    • Par
    • Under par

67 twice on the same par 71 course.
A few 69's at different courses.
Never a round under par in a tourney though. Shot par twice.
This has been my goal for a while now

In the bag.....
Burner Superfast
G10 3wd UST V2
hybrid
MP-32 CG10/11 52*,56*,58*,60* wedges Squareback Pro V1Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker T.E. laser range finderBushnell Neo GPS

Ive broken par 3 times (once off of winter tees, though). My sest score ever was a 68 at the colts neck golf course here in NJ, just last summer.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Once. One bogey. One eagle. (It wasn't at Torrey Pines)

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

have shot 72 a couple times, but have shot under par a couple times for nine holes including a 35 about a month ago. Just cant seem to put two strong nines together, but it will come i have been playing to like an 11 or 12 lately but i got it back around 7-8 again now so i feel it coming back

In My Bag
Driver: TaylorMade R11 9*

3-Wood: Ping Anser 14.5*
Hybrid: TaylorMade Superfast Burner 18*
Irons: Ping i20 PW - 4

Wedges: Ping Tour Pro Rusty 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Ping Anser

Balls: Titleist Pro-V1s

Sunglasses: Oakley Flak Jacket (golf specific)

Bag: Ping Hoofer

Course: Alliance Country Club

have come pretty close but started to look at the scorecard and doing math before I made throught 18

not the smartest move, bogeyed the last two

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Not yet but I will be this year. That's what I have planned anyway.
My personal best is 79 (41 front; 38 back). I'm planning on stepping up my game this year....will be putting a lot of work into it (as soon as winter ends).

Never broken par but then again I'm just a beginner and I pretty much suck.

Oh yeah, but you have SO MANY milestones ahead of you: Breaking 100, 90, 80. First birdie, first eagle, first hole in one, first back-to-back birdies, first 9 under par,

Best round so far is +10 (82 strokes) at my local. The most disappointing thing about that round; +2 on the front nine!

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

I've broken par numerous times with my lowest being a 62 ( 8 under ), but I consider a 66, my best round because of the course I did it on.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

Only once. Christmas Eve, 1989. Holed a fifteen footer on the last for a bird, and a 1 under total 71. I was 3-under after nine once, but it was just a quick nine holes after school one day. It's a great feeling, and afterwards you wonder why you can't do it all the time. Until the next round, that is.
But I tell you what, getting to a standard where if you play ok you shoot in the 70's if a great place to be. Someone says, whaddya shoot?" and you kinda sound dissapointed and say, "eh, 78. Doubled 12," but really you're thrilled. Lotta fun. I'm not there anymore, but have fond memories.

"That's Golf!"

Broken par five times, lowest is a four under 66. I actually consider my best round to be a one under 71 though becuase of the course I was playing.

Fore!

I have broken par 3 times. Once I shot 70 (-2) by hitting 17 greens and making zero putts of any length, and twice I shot 71 (-1) just by being steady and not making any mistakes. Also have a handfull of even par rounds.

I have been under par for 9 holes a million times with my best at -3 twice, once with a bogey and once with two bogeys. Actually I have a -1 for 9 holes in my last two rounds, I just usually fall apart and do something stupid.

Hey, if I was any good, I'd be rich!

I have never on 18, but numerous times on 9 holes

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

i think the closest i ever was was a 87 on the muni i sometimes play with friends. its a lot easier than my club. my best triumph to date was beating my dad on the front nine earlier this year 45-47. i shot a 54 on the back and he shot a 38. he's a 12.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

• 8 years later...

I have been golfing for seventeen years (since I was 10 years old) and I have broken par about half a dozen times in that time. My lowest score is 69, which I have shot twice. One was at my home course (Par 72, 6300 yards, 69.6/124) and I had 6 birdies on the front nine that day. It was the last round I played with my grandpa before he passed away, so it was really cool I got to share that with him. The other was at a private club I worked at one summer. I joined up with a few of the senior members that afternoon and I played from the same tees they did (Par 71, 5800 yards, 67.2/122). Come to think of it, maybe I should play with the seniors more often! Haha! My best tournament round is even par, which I shot on the second day of my club championships several years ago after being well into the 80's on the first day. I am not a long driver of the golf ball by any stretch (approx. 220-240) so naturally all of my really low scores have been from shorter tees, but you still have to hit the shots and make the putts! 

There were 3 common themes for all of my under par rounds:

1) I kept it in play off the tee

2) I limited my mistakes (but when I did screw up, I scrambled exceptionally well)

3) My short game was fantastic

Keep in mind, I have shot less than ten rounds of par or better in almost twenty years of golfing. I scare 90 a lot more frequently than I do 70. But it is still really fun when those rare moments of greatness do come around. One season I broke par three times within a 2-3 month span, then I didn't shoot under par for five years after that! Golf is a funny game.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!