IGNORED

Eagles!?!?!

Borf
Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often do you eagle?

• Never
    • 1 in a lifetime
    • 1 in a year
    • 2,3,4,5 + a year
    • 10+ a year

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knock down 1-2 per year and they have all been putts made except for 2 of them.

One was my first ever eagle at the age of 14, I holed out my 3rd shot on a par 5 from about 60 yards.

The other cool one I had was dunking a bunker shot from a greenside bunker also my 3rd shot on a par 5.

I've driven a few par 4's from time to time but I have never eagled any of them nor have I made a hole in one. Still working on that!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

this thread reminds me of one of my favorite moments in my experiences playing golf.

270 yard, very par 4. My buddy goes for hit, hits the front edge... I try to rip it and hit a grounder, a truly ugly shot that rolled about 160 or 170.... i mean it was a 100 yard shot that caught some hardpan on a downhill slope. My buddies are laughin it up.

Second shot, take out a wedge.. downhill lie, still in the rough, i just hit a buttery shot that lands on a slope left of the pin and slowwwly drifts to the right.... boom dissapears into the hole for eagle. More laughs came out of it :) it was a lot of fun.

10+

Had 2 already this year and haven't played that much. My long game is my strength - I tend to have one chance minimum a round at eagle at my home course.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

When I use to play a lot, I averaged over 10 a year. I only play 6-10 rounds a year now, so the opportunities don't come along as often.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

I generally get 3-4 per year. A couple of courses I play have some shorter wide open par 5's, about 490/510. My 3 wood off the ground is one of my best clubs and I have spent a lot of time on putting the last couple of years.

I burned the edge from 15" just today. I'd say I've been right around 10 a year. I'm just now gaining some serious yardage to my game, so I expect to make more than 10 this year. I think I have a few so far. Of the ones I remember, I holed out from 116 with a PW in a tournament (par 4). And last week I chipped in from just off the green on a Par 5.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I hit the ball too short, and the Par 5's on my course are all difficult to hit because of the tightness up around the green, so I either need to hole a shot or hit 2 GREAT shots on the par 5's.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

• 2 weeks later...
I've had ONE eagle in my life, and it was really special, at least to me.

My father passed in 2000--59 years old. We never golfed together, but he had finally given it a try a few times in the last few years he was around. So I hoped we would eventually play. Never got the chance.

So in 2001 on Father's Day, I decided to hit the course. A beautiful Sunday in June. Bogey'd the par 5 1st hole. Walked up to the 2nd tee, about a 300 yard par 4, straight as arrow. I sliced my driver SOOOooooo bad, I sliced it into the #7 fairway and had about 180 yards left. Yeah, it was a terrible shot. So, I walked up pulled a 5 iron. Hit a beautiful straight shot onto the green, then it disappeared after a bounce or two. I was upset, walked around the green for nearly ten minutes, before I heard a voice in my head say "Look in the hole Bubba." There it was! An eagle 2 on a par 4 from 180 yards. Cheers Dad

Chet

When I was 15 I think I eagled a par four. We were playing at this course called Heritage Bluffs in Illinois (me and my dad). I hit my drive down the cart path (LOL) to within 90 yards of the 20+foot elevated green. I hit a PW up on it and thinking Im putting for bird. We drive up there and Im bummed because I think the ball rolled over the green. So I walk around the green looking for it. Cant find it anywhere. Say "what the hell" and look in the hole, and then I jump like an idiot and yell. Was pretty cool

I love to hate this damn game.

I decided agenst my better judgment to try to drive a short par 4 (259 yards) yesterday over some water that was at about 230 or so. I cleared the water but left myself about 5' off the green. Allllllmost made the chip for eagle. Chip went way too far rolling downhill though and set up a 3 putt for bogey

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I've had four eagles in the last 6 years. The first eagle putt I ever had was about a 50 footer that I left 30 feet short. Since then I've had 3 eagle putts and made all of them. I also holed one from the rough from about 120 yards out after 2 lousy shots on a par 5. My drive sliced into the next fairway and my 3 wood took about 100 bounces and was never more than a foot off the ground. Then my 9 iron hit the green and bounced 90 degrees to the left and popped into the hole. Just the way I planned it.

Two years ago in Barbados I eagled a par 5, with a 350 yard tee shot (helped by 30 MPH wind), 8 iron to green, then a miraculous 35 foot putt. The rest of the group couldn't get their jaws off the ground.

I don't expect that again in my lifetime especially since my normal tee shot is 200-250 yds. and I can't lag putt.

I had five last year, mainly due to my course having two par 5's that measure 485 and 475 from the tips. The shorter of the two was changed to a par 4 a few years ago for a trial run, but membership shot it down after two short years.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I've had a few. Had one the other day after a monster tee shot and a very good miss, hit a 6-iron from 180 or so pretty thin, but it rolled up about 8 feet and I made the putt. It had been a while before that.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

From what I can remember, I've had 4 eagles in my life (3 on par 5, 1 on par 4) with one of them happening over the weekend on Saturday. It was on #13 out at Champions GC on Cypress Creek course. It's a long par 5 that is reachable in 2 if you cut the corner over the creek with your drive. You have to hit a perfect drive to pull this off because if you aren't in the correct position you'll have tree branches blocking your approach to the green. On Saturday we had about a 15-20 mph wind at our backs and the tees where moved up a bit further than usual. My drive ended up about 195-200 yds to a flag that was up and left (protected to the left and front/right by bunkers). I poulled out a 4 iron trying to hit the middle of the green and give myself a doable 2 put for birdie but pulled my appraoch a bit and ended up about 18 inches from the hole. I sank the putt and then proceeded to double bogey the next hole.
The eagle on a par 4 was out at Bluebonnet something GC outside of Austin. The hole was either #4 or #5 (can't remember) that played about 350ish yds that day to the hole. Again, I had wind at my back, but this was during a drought summer in Austin so the fairways were playing like parking lots. I hit my drive and walked up expecting it to be about 30-40 yds short of the green. I couldn't find the ball. Then I looked up at the green and saw it sitting about 5 feet from the hole. I walked up and sank the putt.

Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!