IGNORED

Eagles!?!?!

Borf
Note: This thread is 5526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often do you eagle?

• Never
    • 1 in a lifetime
    • 1 in a year
    • 2,3,4,5 + a year
    • 10+ a year

HuuRaaaH!!!!!

I got my first Eagle of the season finally!!!

Par 5 523yards. I hit driver and cut the dogleg with a towering 5 iron over trees to 15 feet of the cup and made the putt.

Time to start working on Eagle #2 for the year :)

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HuuRaaaH!!!!!

Nice! I got mine last week... and I think I've had more good looks with misses this year than I have had looks the last 2-3 seasons. In one day I left one 2 inches short but right in the center and lipped out the other. I sure hope I get at least 2-3 this year.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I had two last week. Hole in one, and holed out an approach shot. I think i'm probably right around 10 for the year so far...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Had 2 this week. hopefully will get more this year when it counts the most. Last year I had a couple. Before that I only played maybe 5 times a year so was lucky if I had a par let alone a birdie or eagle..

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

I had two last week.

That's pretty sweet... how many aces have you carded?

I hit two shots yesterday that looked like possible hole-in-one's but both missed the mark and I even missed my 3 1/2 foot birdie on one. I sure would like to have that elusive par 3 eagle.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

i got my first eagle ever! crushed a drive left under some trees on a short par 4. took a 7 iron annd punch-chipped it out, on the green, into the hole

then i woke up (yes, this REALLY HAPPENED in my dream)

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Still haven't gotten an eagle. Not a long hitter so it's almost impossible.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

This year I decided to break out with eagles. I made some adjustments to my driver that made me a much longer and straighter player off the tee which made a huge difference. I had my first eagle ever last year, although at the time I was quite upset because I thought the ball was lost. Playing on a tough dogleg left par 4, you have to layup at about 250 since there is a ravine in front of the green (although this year I did drive the green on my only attempt, it plays around 320). Hit my hybrid deep and I actually thought I lost the ball so I played a second drive. Went walking around at about the 100 yard marker and couldn't find my ball. I finally spotted something just in front of the OB stakes and found my ball. Of course being so happy I didn't even think to change clubs since I was only 60 yards away. I hit my sand pure and I immediately thought it went really deep (very uphill green so I couldn't see the ball land). Went looking for about 5 minutes behind the green before I decided to take a drop. Chipped onto the green and went to pull the pin to putt and found my original ball.

The last round I played was my first tournament (4 man scramble) and my team was filled with 3 non serious golfers (all shoot around 95-100) and me (usually around 80). We were 5 under going into the par 5 17th. I hit a huge drive about 330 (slightly downhill). I pulled my second shot so we didn't use mine, our final ball was about 20 feet short. I calmly walked up after everyone in my group missed the pin by a lot and played the ball a good 15 feet right of the pin. Hit it perfect and watched it roll in the side door to get us to 7 under. The very next hole I hit another huge drive (again around 330) which set us up 75 yards away from the pin. The other 3 guys hit and one guy was about 8 feet left, hole high. I took one look at the green and saw that my ball would bounce left and dropped in for the eagle to get us to 9 under. Everyone in my group said that they were having a great time no matter what, but that it just capped off the day that we finished 2nd overall with a 9 under (including a 29 on the back 9). I can say that while I usually have at least 1 eagle putt per round on my normal course, I don't think that I will ever have that happen again.

Still haven't gotten an eagle. Not a long hitter so it's almost impossible.

Same here. The closest I've came is making a par on a par 5 after hitting 3 off the tee. I hit a drive I couldn't find, and got the provisional up and down from about 200 with a 7wood and 75 foot putt that would have been off the green if it didn't go in. Then there was the 124 par 3 I hit to 8". But still no hole in one either. I'm gonna have to hole out a par 4 approach to get mine I suppose.

I have only eagled on par 5's.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

Last year around that time i holed out on a Par4 for my first ever eagle.

Now for eagles on Par5´s it looked very disappointing til yesterday. I didnt even hit a green in 2 so far - it has been like a fluke for me - everywhere but not on the actual green - had some chips that lipped out but that was the closest i came.

So yesterday i played a couple of fun holes with a girl so i teed off from the girly tees :) (didnt even brought my own clubs and used hers) - 5wood shortcut over the trees and a faded 5iron leaving my 6feet - missed it..

Today i played a match with buddies and there was medium wind from behind on a pretty straight forward par5 so i took driver/4iron for 540 yards which was too much club - so i missed back left of course... - little flop over a hill, and in it went. Guess august is a good time for me for eagles :).

Now i only need to actually hit a green in two from the regular tees....

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

• Administrator
4 eagles lifetime. 100's of longshot opportunities.

I can only recall two in my lifetime, and I've spent a large portion of that lifetime as a single digit handicapper. Granted, most of it's been at Lake View, but still.

Chipped in from 40 yards or so on a 320-yard par four. Got on to 15 feet after a great drive and six-iron and holed the putt on a par five in Ohio with George. That's all I can remember. Not easy when your par fives measure 551, 582, 506, and 531 yards and some are "better played" with a 3-wood off the tee.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can only recall two in my lifetime, and I've spent a large portion of that lifetime as a single digit handicapper. Granted, most of it's been at Lake View, but still.

Yeah...I play some much shorter par 5's that permit bomb & gouge. 3 wood/5 wood or 3 wood/long iron is an option on one of them. However...saying "100's" was likely a bit of exaggeration. One too many zeros.

Just seems like I've left so many of those putts short.... First eagle ever was a 330 yd par 4. Blind shot.

That's all I can remember. Not easy when your par fives measure 551, 582, 506, and 531 yards and some are "better played" with a 3-wood off the tee.

Ouch! We only have 2 par 5's. 531 nad 497. Haven't eagled either yet, though. So I guess my answer is, so far, never!

Though I did nearly hole my third to 18 (par5) today at a different course.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Same here. The closest I've came is making a par on a par 5 after hitting 3 off the tee. I hit a drive I couldn't find, and got the provisional up and down from about 200 with a 7wood and 75 foot putt that would have been off the green if it didn't go in. Then there was the 124 par 3 I hit to 8". But still no hole in one either. I'm gonna have to hole out a par 4 approach to get mine I suppose.

That reminds me, I almost got a hole in one on a par 3 17th. It was playing about 190, but with a strong wind in my face. Took out a 3 wood and hit a low draw, rolled over a hill and missed the cup by about 3". It rolled about 6' past though.

What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

I got my first par 5 tonight, so small steps are good

I have came close to getting an eagle on a Par 4 which is 308 yards - drove to the edge of the green, hit a wee bump and run which landed 2ft from the hole and knocked in for Birdie.

Ive had a bunch of really good chances (6 iron to 3 feet, miss the putt, what a bad birdie.) but ive never made an eagle.

2 rounds ago, 5 wood to 12 feet, leave the putt short. It hurts to leave an eagle putt short.

Only 90% of putts left short go in.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!